[comp.sys.amiga] Long time gone

ins_adjb@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Daniel Jay Barrett) (01/13/89)

	Since our news software was broken for about 4-5 months(!), I have
a few questions about what's been going on in comp.sys.amiga.  I apologize
if this stuff has already been covered... but how could I know?  :-)

	I'd appreciate if someone could e-mail me some answers.  Thanks!!
(I'd even appreciate if ANYBODY would answer this message, just so I
know that it got out at all.)

(1)	Will there be new version of the Addison-Wesley Amiga manuals
	(Intuition/RKMs/Hardware) for 1.3?  Or are we waiting for 1.4
	first?

(2)	Is anyone using one of those new 10-meg floppy drives with the
	Amiga?  Comments?

(3)	Is anyone using Pioneer Computing's 44-meg removable media
	drive, or other similar product?  Comments?

(4)	What sorts of bugs have been discovered in 1.3 since its release?
	(I've found a bug in "c:Avail"... the "total/largest" entry is
	incorrect... it's just a duplicate of the "fast/largest" entry.)

(5)	What other interesting stuff has been discussed since late summer?
	1/2 :-)

	Thanks!

							Dan

Note:	My return address listed above might be wrong.  Use one of the
	addresses below.
--
Dan Barrett	ins_adjb@jhunix.UUCP			UUCP
		barrett@cs.jhu.edu	(128.220.13.4)	ARPA

peter@sugar.uu.net (Peter da Silva) (01/17/89)

In article <506@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU>, ins_adjb@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Daniel Jay Barrett) writes:
> (4)	What sorts of bugs have been discovered in 1.3 since its release?
> 	(I've found a bug in "c:Avail"... the "total/largest" entry is
> 	incorrect... it's just a duplicate of the "fast/largest" entry.)

In general you would expect this. For example my "Fast/Largest" entry is
about 260% of my total chip RAM. You would expect that the "total/largest"
would be no bigger than that. Have you tried it without Fast?
--
Peter "Have you hugged your wolf today" da Silva  `-_-'  Hackercorp.
...texbell!sugar!peter, or peter@sugar.uu.net      'U`