[comp.sys.amiga] Program checkers

peter@stca77.stc.oz (Peter Jeremy) (01/19/89)

In article <216@microsoft.UUCP> w-colinp@microsoft.UUCP (Colin Plumb) writes:
>You want some external means of certifying a program good.  This is also
>why the checksum program should print out the computed checksum, and not
>take an argument to comapre it with, even though this makes shell scripts
>somewhat more difficult, lest the virus find and patch it to return
>"good" at all times.

I have a program called fcc which I use to keep an eye on my Xenix system.
It was originally written by Dave Sill <dsill@NSWC-OAS.ARPA>, but hasn't
been posted to comp.sources.unix yet.  I added some additional features
(CRC's on files and timestamp checking) that weren't in the original.

It's actually two programs - one generates a master list to stdout, the
other reads this list and checks each entry.  Errors go to stdout.
--
Peter Jeremy (VK2PJ)         peter@stca77.stc.oz
Alcatel-STC Australia        ...!uunet!stca77.stc.oz!peter