[comp.sys.amiga] yaccity yacc

martens@cis.ohio-state.edu (Jeff Martens) (01/17/89)

Does anyone know of a version of yacc -- or any other parser generator --
that will run on the Amiga?  The alternative is to use yacc on a Sun and
download the generated code to my Amiga, which isn't too cumbersome, but
I'd rather run it locally.

--Jeff	(martens@cis.ohio-state.edu)

tim@mcrware.UUCP (Tim Harris) (01/17/89)

On one of the Fred Fish disks there is a bison implementation of yacc that
runs on the Amiga.  Check the Fish list.

Tim Harris

tomb@hplsla.HP.COM (Tom Bruhns) (01/18/89)

/ hplsla:comp.sys.amiga / martens@cis.ohio-state.edu (Jeff Martens) / 10:48 am  Jan 16, 1989 /

----------

tomb@hplsla.HP.COM (Tom Bruhns) (01/18/89)

> Does anyone know of a version of yacc -- or any other parser generator --
> that will run on the Amiga?  The alternative is to use yacc on a Sun and
> download the generated code to my Amiga, which isn't too cumbersome, but
> I'd rather run it locally.
>
> --Jeff	(martens@cis.ohio-state.edu)
> ----------
> ----------
Jeff -- sorry to waste net bandwidth on this, but several mail attempts
to you failed.  The short version answer to your mail question is:
$650 for 2-meg-populated board.  Please give me other E-Mail addresses
and/or phone number (or call me -- (206)348-3877, 6-9:30 PM Pacific)

Tom Bruhns
tomb%hplsla@hplabs.hp.com
...!hplabs!hplsla!tomb

page@swan.ulowell.edu (Bob Page) (01/18/89)

Don't talk back.

The GNU yacc replacement, "bison" runs on the Amiga.  See fish #155.
Also, on fish #156, is a lex replacement called "flex".

..Bob
--
Bob Page, U of Lowell CS Dept.  page@swan.ulowell.edu  ulowell!page
Have five nice days.

850347s@aucs.UUCP (Hume Smith) (01/21/89)

tim@mcrware.UUCP (Tim Harris) almost, but not quite, wrote in article <928@mcrware.UUCP>:
>On one of the Fred Fish disks there is a bison implementation of yacc that
>runs on the Amiga.  Check the Fish list.
>
>Tim Harris

for some reason it WON'T run on mine, even if i recompile it.

has this happened to anyone else?

Hume Smith	Wolfville
BITNET		850347s@Acadia
Internet	850347s%Acadia.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
UUCP		{uunet|watmath|utai|garfield}!dalcs!aucs!850347s