[comp.sys.amiga] Bad AMIGADOS List Date Interpretation

Ata@radc-multics.arpa (John G. Ata) (01/20/89)

It appears that there is a bug which shows up in the list command when
displaying dates that files were modified.  Normally, list displays a
date like:

                    20-Jan-89

However, if you have a file that was created/modified on the 28 - 31
December of a leap year (e.g.  1988, or 1992) the following will be
displayed:

For December 28, 1988  displays 01--88
For December 29, 1988  displays 02--88
For December 30, 1988  displays 03--88
For December 31, 1988  displays 04--88

This bug may be reproduced by anyone who sets the date to let's say
December 29, 1988, creates a file and then types list.  The list command
will correctly show the date as:

                    Today

Now, if the date is set to the actual date, say January 20, 1989 the
list command will yield:

                    02--88

It's as if December 28 of a leap year started the beginning of a new
unspecified 13th month!  Can other people verify this problem?

                              John G. Ata

rusty@hocpa.UUCP (M.W.HADDOCK) (01/21/89)

In article <6949@louie.udel.EDU> Ata@radc-multics.arpa (John G. Ata) writes:

   >It appears that there is a bug which shows up in the list command when
   >displaying dates that files were modified.
   >
   >For December 28, 1988  displays 01--88
   >For December 31, 1988  displays 04--88

   >Can other people verify this problem?

Yes, consider it validated on an A1000 w/ "pure" 1.3 commands - no ARP yet.
The $64K question is: is it worth fixing???

			-Rusty-
--
Rusty Haddock		{uunet!likewise,att,arpa}!hocpa!rusty
AT&T Consumer Products Laboratories - Human Factors Laboratory

fgd3@jc3b21.UUCP (Fabbian G. Dufoe) (01/22/89)

From article <6949@louie.udel.EDU>, by Ata@radc-multics.arpa (John G. Ata):

> It appears that there is a bug which shows up in the list command when
> displaying dates that files were modified.  Can other people verify this
> problem?
>
>                               John G. Ata

     I tried it and got the same results for 28-Dec-88.

--Fabbian Dufoe
  350 Ling-A-Mor Terrace South
  St. Petersburg, Florida  33705
  813-823-2350