[comp.sys.amiga] Text editors with AUX:

sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) (01/23/89)

In Message <15150@cisunx.UUCP>, ejkst@cisunx.UUCP (Eric J. Kennedy) writes:

>Are there any text editors that will work through AUX:?  I seem to
>remember a patch to one of the many versions of microemacs, but I have
>neither the patch, nor any microemacs source code.  The terminal I'm
>using is an H19 which has an ANSI mode.  Am I correct that this ANSI
>mode should work reasonably well?  Isn't the console device (CLI
>window) an ANSI subset?
>
>Oh, and I suspect EDIT would work, but I'm looking for something a
>little less painful.  :-)

  In the Sept/Oct 88 issue of "The Amigan" (page 159) it says:

  The AmigaDOS line editor, EDIT, works; Streve Drew has provided patches
  to MicroEMACS source to enable it to run through AUX:

  This article was a review (?) of Steve Drews AUX device on Fish #79.

  Sneakers

--
Dan "Sneakers" Schein          {pyramid|rutgers|uunet}!cbmvax!heimat!sneakers
Sneakers Computing

   Call: BERKS AMIGA BBS - 60+ Megs - 24 Hrs - 12/2400 Baud - 215/678-7691