[comp.sys.amiga] Bison problem

rouaix@inria.UUCP (Francois Rouaix) (01/09/89)

I'm trying to use the Bison parser-generator distributed on FISH 136 (?).
It runs correctly on the example (calc.y) provided in the
distribution.
However, I wrote a simple definition of a language
(Copper assembly if you want to know). It's quite simple, having
about 5 rules, but I'm using %type and %token a lot.
I always get the message: bison:memory exhausted,
though I'm running in a configuration with 700k+ of FAST free memory,
not too much fragmented.
I don't have a 9600 bps terminal handy so I couldn't use SNOOP to check
if Bison asks for huge chunks of memory.

Could somebody give be a hint ?
Thanx.

PS concerning SNOOP: I'm not sure, but I believe SNOOP does not use
Preferences settings on the serial port. Is there any version that does ?
--
*- Francois Rouaix                 //       When the going gets tough,       *
*- rouaix@inria.inria.fr         \X/           the guru goes meditating...   *

mlelstv@faui45.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Michael van Elst ) (01/23/89)

rouaix@inria.UUCP (Francois Rouaix) writes:
>PS concerning SNOOP: I'm not sure, but I believe SNOOP does not use
>Preferences settings on the serial port. Is there any version that does ?

I have the source of Snoop like program. It uses kprintf from the
debug.lib to write to the serial port without dealing with the
serial.device.
You can easily change this to work with console output, or write it
to AUX:, or send a message to a log deamon (I did this one).

				Michael van Elst

E-mail: UUCP: ...uunet!unido!fauern!faui45!mlelstv