[comp.sys.amiga] Pascal for the Amiga

joe@dayton.UUCP (Joseph P. Larson) (01/19/89)

Has anyone seen a Pascal compiler for the Amiga yet?  I've never heard of
one, which is kind of amazing, given the large numbers of them available
on other machines.

-J
--
          When you fall on your head do you land on your feet?
UUCP: rutgers!dayton!joe   (Feed my      Dayton Hudson Department Store Company

will1990@dunkirk.DKK (The phone Cops) (01/20/89)

In article <6368@dayton.UUCP> joe@dayton.UUCP (Joseph P. Larson) writes:

>Has anyone seen a Pascal compiler for the Amiga yet?  I've never heard of
>one, which is kind of amazing, given the large numbers of them available
>on other machines.

I know of one Pascal compiler for the Amiga, "POWER PASCAL". A friend of
mine purchased it from a local Amiga dealer. It is a fairly old version
and neither I nor my fellow Amiga users thought it was very good. It works
best with a hard drive of some sort. It's editing system doesn't  use
any one the Amiga's menu functions, etc. It looks like a nearly direct
port from an IBM type compiler somewhere out there. It's probably been
updated by now, but the answer to your qauestion is yes..... there is at
least one Pascal compiler for the Amiga out there.

                                          -Mike Williamson

chu@cs.glasgow.ac.uk (Wai Lan Chu) (01/23/89)

In article <6368@dayton.UUCP>, joe@dayton.UUCP (Joseph P. Larson) writes:

> Has anyone seen a Pascal compiler for the Amiga yet?

There has been a compiler called ISO Pascal out for a while now.

- WLC

asaph@TAURUS.BITNET (01/25/89)

In article <6368@dayton.UUCP> joe@dayton.UUCP (Joseph P. Larson) writes:

>Has anyone seen a Pascal compiler for the Amiga yet?  I've never heard of
>one, which is kind of amazing, given the large numbers of them available
>on other machines.
>
>-J

There is the metacompco pascal. v1.9 is *BUGGED* - so my advice is steer clear
of this one. One the other hand I heard that a v2.00 is out which is "descent"
as the poster stated.

                       -Asaph

martens@canoe.cis.ohio-state.edu (Jeff Martens) (01/26/89)

In article <6368@dayton.UUCP>, joe@dayton.UUCP (Joseph P. Larson) writes:

> Has anyone seen a Pascal compiler for the Amiga yet?

I was just in my local Amiga dealer yesterday (to FINALLY get 1.3) and
noticed that they have version 2 of Metacomco Pascal.  Their price was
$110, give or take a nickel.

Has anybody got any experience with this?  Is it any good?  I'd like
to program my Amiga in something other than C, and haven't been too
impressed by TDI's Modula 2 compiler.

-- Jeff (martens@cis.ohio-state.edu)

olva@geocub.UUCP (Olivier Vayssettes ) (01/26/89)

   I know a Pascal compiler: Metacomco MCC Pascal.
But it is not very a very good one (few possibilities)
(eg: no facilities in case instructions,etc) and there is no standard
interface with AmigaDos.

   I think it is not very insteresting.

<olva@inria!geocub>
                                           Olivier Vayssettes