[comp.sys.amiga] reading MSDOS 3.5" disks on an amiga

C506634@umcvmb.missouri.edu (Eric Edwards) (01/24/89)

In a recent post, Michael Bays (mikeeb@sco.com) said:
> does anyone know of any PD or non-PD programs that will let
> me read a MS-DOS 3 1/2 disk on the Amiga drive??
>
> I want to be able to get simple files off the mddos disk and
> place them in ram: and then put them on the amiga disk

I know of two PD/Shareware programs and one Commercial.

1) MSDOS:  This is a shareware programavailable on Fred Fish 158
           It will read and write IBM and Atari ST 720K 3.5" disks.
           This is available by anonymous ftp from trantor.umd.edu

2) PCPatch:  This a PD program that will patch PCcopy and PCformat
             to use 3.5" disks.  Unfortunately, it will only read 360k
             disks which is not the usual format for IBM 3.5"
             This is on Fred Fish 163 and also available by anonymous ftp
             from trantor.umd.edu.

3) DOS2DOS   This is a well known commercial program that will do this and a
             host of other nice things for data transfer.

> HELP!!!

Help is here.  (I hope)

_______||*|================================================|____
||*|===|Eric Edwards  BITNET: C506634@UMCVMB               |===|
|      |            INTERNET: C506634@UMCVMB.MISSOURI.EDU  |   |
|      ----------------------------------------------------=   |
| " In Hell they use CMS and they only give you one cylinder   |
|   of disk space."                                            |
| " OH MY GOD!  I died and transfered to HELL!"             "  |
---------------------------------------------------------------=

csjlb@mtsu.UUCP (Julian Brown) (01/28/89)

In article <7102@louie.udel.EDU>, C506634@umcvmb.missouri.edu (Eric Edwards) writes:

> <Stuff deleted>
>
> 1) MSDOS:  This is a shareware programavailable on Fred Fish 158
>            It will read and write IBM and Atari ST 720K 3.5" disks.
>            This is available by anonymous ftp from trantor.umd.edu

   This is very interesting. Could anyone out there send me a copy of
MSDOS? I don't have access to ftp nor a good local user group for a
source of new fish disks. Thanks to anyone who can spare the time!

     Julian L. Brown
     Computer Science                             "Hey, Look! There's
     Middle Tennessee State University               the ground!"
     killer!mjbtn!mtsu!csjlb                                -Opus