[comp.sys.amiga] Internal 3.5" disk drive for sale.

wpl@huey.PRC.Unisys.COM (William P Loftus) (01/27/89)

I have an internal 3.5" disk drive (only used for about 2 months with
no problem) for sale.  I'm selling it because I've replaced it with
a 3.5" hard disk.     Since the best offer I saw for a drive mail order
was $120, I sell this one for $100.

Call me at (215) 354-0614 (home), (215) 648-7248 (work).

William Loftus
William P Loftus                        UUCP:   wpl@burdvax.UUCP
Unisys/Paoli Research Center            ARPA:   wpl@anarchy.prc.unisys.com
PO Box 517                              215-354-0614 (home)
Paoli, PA 19301                         215-648-7248 (work)

mp1u+@andrew.cmu.edu (Michael Portuesi) (01/28/89)

wpl@huey.PRC.Unisys.COM (William P Loftus) writes:
> I have an internal 3.5" disk drive (only used for about 2 months with
> no problem) for sale.

Is that a drive for an A1000/A1010 or an A2000?

I ask this because while the drives are electrically equivalent,
placement and size of the eject buttons makes it impossible to install
an A2000 floppy drive in an A1000, and vice versa.  When the internal
drive in my A1000 died (for the THIRD time) in the middle of Decmeber,
I bought a spare A2000 floppy drive from a friend of mine and tried to
install it.  I quickly learned that not only is the eject button out
of placement with respect to the front of the A1000 case, it is not
even long enough to stick out the front of the case.

Right now my system has an A2000 drive and no front cover, while I
wait until I get enough time to take the old one in to be fixed.

				--M

--
Michael Portuesi / Information Technology Center / Carnegie Mellon University
INET:   mp1u+@andrew.cmu.edu / BITNET: mp1u+@andrew

"I'm very sorry, Master, but that WAS the backup system" -- Slave