[comp.sys.amiga] Lattice 5.0 question

hansb@ariel.unm.edu (Hans Bechtel) (01/28/89)

A friend of mine without net access asked me to post this question.
Please reply to me by email.  Thanks!

His question:

When I compile using the -O option for optimising, the compiler
comes back to me with the phrase:

"Unknown command go"

My normal command to LC is:

LC -O -r -v -iINCLUDE/ etc....

Why is this "go" in here?  I searched the manual but couldn't find
the reference to it.

Thanks for the help!

In article <4300@charon.unm.edu> hansb@ariel.unm.edu (Hans Bechtel) writes:
>When I compile using the -O option for optimising, the compiler
>comes back to me with the phrase:
>
>"Unknown command go"
>
>LC -O -r -v -iINCLUDE/ etc....

	Go is the Global Optimizer, and should be put in the same directory
as lc1 and lc2, etc.  Go is listed in the commands section.

--
Randell Jesup, Commodore Engineering {uunet|rutgers|allegra}!cbmvax!jesup

jimm@amiga.UUCP (Jim Mackraz) (01/30/89)

In article <4300@charon.unm.edu> hansb@ariel.unm.edu (Hans Bechtel) writes:
)
)A friend of mine without net access asked me to post this question.
)Please reply to me by email.  Thanks!
)
)His question:
)
)When I compile using the -O option for optimising, the compiler
)comes back to me with the phrase:
)
)"Unknown command go"
)
)My normal command to LC is:
)
)LC -O -r -v -iINCLUDE/ etc....
)
)Why is this "go" in here?  I searched the manual but couldn't find
)the reference to it.
)
)Thanks for the help!

'go' is the global optimizer program that LC spawns off between passes 1 and 2
to diddle with the intermediate quad file.  If your friend has the complete
release (and not some "borrowed" copy) of Lattice 5.0, it should have been
installed by the install procedure, and not hard to find on the release disks.

Perhaps there is some package of Lattice 5.0 which doesn't include the optimizer
yet still recognized the -O option, but I don't think so.

	jimm
--
Jim Mackraz, I and I Computing	   	"Like you said when we crawled down
{cbmvax,well,oliveb}!amiga!jimm          from the trees: We're in transition."