[comp.sys.amiga] Hear, hear, hear!!!!

BPJ0%LEHIGH.BITNET@ibm1.cc.lehigh.edu (Bin) (01/27/89)

A letter was sent to the Computer Graphics Review, a pretty decent
quality magazine, by Paula Liberman regarding the poor coverage of
Atari ST and Amiga graphics.  Upon which the editor replied, I quote

'Briefly put, we agree that both the Atari ST and the Commodore Amiga
computers (not to mention the Apple II GSX) deserve more coverage.'

and now for the killer,

'Unfortunately, these machines have failed to generate enough
excitement or create enough critical mass to build a robust third-party
vendor system, which is one test of a computer's staying power.  Indeed,
Commodore has failed to come up with even one screen of it's Amiga
machine used in a CAD application...after repeated promises to CGR that
it do so.'

All persons with anything to say to them can contact them at:

Computer Graphics Review
P.O. Box 12960
Overland Park
KS 66212

Commodore, I do believe you have a promise to keep, or do you?

Bin.

scott@applix.UUCP (Scott Evernden) (01/30/89)

In article <7348@louie.udel.EDU> BPJ0%LEHIGH.BITNET@ibm1.cc.lehigh.edu (Bin) writes:
>A letter was sent to the Computer Graphics Review, a pretty decent
>quality magazine, by Paula Liberman regarding the poor coverage of
>Atari ST and Amiga graphics.  Upon which the editor replied, I quote
>'Unfortunately, these machines have failed to generate enough
>excitement or create enough critical mass to build a robust third-party
>vendor system, which is one test of a computer's staying power.  Indeed,
>Commodore has failed to come up with even one screen of it's Amiga
>machine used in a CAD application...after repeated promises to CGR that
>it do so.'

On the other hand, in "Computer Graphics Today", responding to a reader's
letter offering a review of the Amiga:

'To ... charitable readers who have volunteered to write about their
Commodore Amigas for us ..., our prayers have been answered by Commodore
itself.  Hardly a week after publication date we were contacted by Lauren
Brown of Commodore, who said a review Amiga was on the way.  The
evaluation will be the basis of an article later this year.  Thanks for
listening Commodore.  You made our day.'

-scott