[comp.sys.amiga] PCOutline type of product

rap@ardent.UUCP (Rob Peck) (01/31/89)

In article <11416@swan.ulowell.edu>, rsilvers@hawk.ulowell.edu (Robert Silvers) writes:

> I think it was the December issue of Amiga World.  The one that had a list
> of the 1200 programs now out for the Amiga.  Under the development section,

When I was consulting for a while, I got used to using PCOutline and really
got to like it.  Wonder if there is a program that implements everything
that PC Outline does, but for Amiga?  By the way, PCOutline does run under
the Transformer, but I'd rather be using a native mode product.  Almost
tempted to do it myself for Amiga, but not sure if there'd be a large nuff
demand.  For those not familiar with it, PCOutline is a "ThinkTank" or
"More" kinda product (those are "M*C" programs).  The I*M version of
PCOutline is from Brown Bag products and is available from their BBS
for a free tryout.  You'd have to look them up, I don't use the BBS so
I dont know where it is.  The demo versions available on various $2.99
PD collection disks is crippled -- yes everything works, but once a file
gets larger than 20K, it literally locks up the machine.  (This is the
version from about 3 years ago, maybe it is not floating around any more
but...)  Anyhow, my only problem with the PD version was that there was
no WARNING that the limitation was there (I coulda lived with that,
and kept my "sample" outlines small, instead of losing lots-a-work).

BUT, just wanted to test the waters, so to speak.  Is anyone using an
outliner product (sorta a word processor that lets you hide or view
any selected subsets of what you are writing, depending on "levels",
and has lots of options of how the material gets subsetted and labeled).
It REALLY helps when writing a manual.

Please respond via email; I will summarize to the net if interesting

Rob Peck