[comp.sys.amiga] Modula 2 features

chris@AUSTIN.LOCKHEED.COM (Chris Wood) (01/19/89)

Does anyone know if any of the Modula 2 compilers
on the Amiga support "Opaque types".

I have a friend that is taking a course at the
University of Texas that requires Modula 2.
He wants to buy a home computer if he can, and
likes the Amiga.  Evidently there is a compiler
that runs on the PC and the Mac that has this
feature.  Please Email responses.

Thanks

Chris Wood

ut-emx!austin.lockheed.com!chris

intern@lilink.UUCP (Steve Faiwisewski) (01/31/89)

In article <166@coot.AUSTIN.LOCKHEED.COM> chris@AUSTIN.LOCKHEED.COM (Chris Wood) writes:

>Does anyone know if any of the Modula 2 compilers
>on the Amiga support "Opaque types".

All The Modula-2 implementations on the amiga support opaque types.

And if I may add my two cents, the only serious contenders at this point
(in my opinion, anyway) are Benchmark (from Avant-Garde Software) and M2Sprint
(from M@S).  As far as I know, though, M2Sprint is not shiiping yet.  (any
day now...)

Steve Faiwiszewski		intern@lilink.UUCP