[comp.sys.amiga] Hard Drive Games

nschultz@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Ned W. Schultz) (01/28/89)

Here are the games I'm running on my hard drive:

Shanghai...only required assigns.
Pioneer Plague...assigns.
Battle Chess...assigns.
Interceptor...had to newzap df0:s (?) to F18: and then assign.

Ned Schultz       nschultz@polyslo.calpoly.edu
                  polyslo!nschultz

In article <7456@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU> nschultz@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Ned W. Schultz) writes:

>Here are the games I'm running on my hard drive:

	Oh yeah, add Ports of call - assigns needed, works on '020 and with
expansion ram, multitasks.

	Note that many games need the fonts: directory reassigned or to have
their fonts in the system fonts:.

--
Randell Jesup, Commodore Engineering {uunet|rutgers|allegra}!cbmvax!jesup

kim@uts.amdahl.com (Kim DeVaughn) (02/01/89)

In article <7456@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU>, nschultz@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Ned W. Schultz) writes:

> Here are the games I'm running on my hard drive:
>
> Battle Chess...assigns.

The installation program (CopyToDH0) requires a "dh0:" to be defined in order
to do the installation.  Once installed, it seems to run fine wherever you've
put it, as long as you're cd'd to the dir it (and all it's files) are in.

NOW ... does ANYONE have a patch/fix/etc. to get around the braindead "look
up a game in the back of the manual, and type it in" crap that it forces
you to do at startup time?  If so, I appreciate a copy, or pointer to where
I can find it!

Add to the list: Chessmaster 2000 (supposedly protected, but Copy handled
                                   it just fine).

                 Sargon_III  (no CP bullsh*t of any kind).

Anyone know what the difference between SARGON_III and SARGOON_III is?  They
are both on the floppy, both seem to work A-OK, have slightly different
lengths, etc.  No mention is made in the docs.

/kim

--
UUCP:  kim@amdahl.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,uunet,oliveb,ames}!amdahl!kim