[comp.sys.amiga] TDI Modula-2/Amiga

bartonr@psu-cs.UUCP (Robert Barton) (01/03/89)

Some notes on TDI Modula-2/Amiga-

Finding errors: Version 0.10a of the editor reliably reads the error file and
no longer inserts a bunch of spaces at the beginning of the file being edited.
It displays both text and menu headers incorrectly if the user has chosen the
60-column mode from Preferences, and sets the maximum width of the window to
640 pixels regardless of screen size.

RAM Disk support: Version 3.01a of the compiler will compile files on the
RAM Disk.

The definition modules: These are the major remaining source of problems.  They
range from minor (ANOPktFail for ANQPktFail, TimerRequest for TimeRequest) to
fatal (CIAB declared at the wrong absolute address, fields missing or reversed
in IntuitionBase, incorrect offsets in CIAType and MemEntry).

sam@csri.toronto.edu (Sam Weber) (01/07/89)

In article <1443@psu-cs.UUCP> bartonr@psu-cs.UUCP (Robert Barton) writes:
>Some notes on TDI Modula-2/Amiga-
>
>Finding errors: Version 0.10a of the editor reliably reads the error file and
>no longer inserts a bunch of spaces at the beginning of the file being edited.
>It displays both text and menu headers incorrectly if the user has chosen the
>60-column mode from Preferences, and sets the maximum width of the window to
>640 pixels regardless of screen size.
>
>RAM Disk support: Version 3.01a of the compiler will compile files on the
>RAM Disk.
>
>The definition modules: These are the major remaining source of problems.  They
>range from minor (ANOPktFail for ANQPktFail, TimerRequest for TimeRequest) to
>fatal (CIAB declared at the wrong absolute address, fields missing or reversed
>in IntuitionBase, incorrect offsets in CIAType and MemEntry).

Yet more problems (with the 3.01a version):

I had an integer variable declared, and overflow checking turned on.  The
variable had value -1.  Adding 1 to this variable caused an overflow
in integer expression error.  Apparently 0 is too large to be represented!
(Also note, the same lines at a different part of the program caused no
problem, so it probably depends upon what registers the compiler is using
at the time)
--
    --Sam Weber        "An Academic speculated whether a bather is beautiful
                      if there is none in the forest to admire her. He hid

cs161agc@sdcc10.ucsd.EDU (John Schultz) (01/14/89)

  Disclaimer: If you don't know who Sam Kinison is, then you won't
find this funny. He was in back to school (screaming teacher
scene), etc. If you have one of his tapes, listen to it, especially the
part about being married for two years and the gate of hell, etc.
Now that your frame of mind is set, read on...

  I just received the M2Sprint upgrade offer.  They want $120.00 to
"upgrade".  It's written by the same people as the TDI offering.
"Upgrade?".  Picture Sam Kinison screaming at the top of his lungs:
"I programmed with TDI M2 for two years!!! It was HELL mister,
HELL!!! It was worse than being married for two years!!! I WAS A
VICTIM, A VICTIM!!!
OH! OH! OH! OHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! UPGRADE? AHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA...

   If I had the money, I'd have Sam record the above and send it to
M2Sprint. Maybe all ex-TDI owners could pool their $120 "upgrade
money" to pay Sam to make the tape.  It'd be worth it.

  John Schultz

aplusl@ethz.UUCP (Albert Meier) (01/26/89)

Call Interface Technologies Corp., Houston, 713/523-8466 about their
update of M2Amiga in the new version. You'll be surprised!

    .....           Albert Meier        Tel.  +41/1/700 30 37
   .. ....          A+L AG, Im Spaeten 23, CH-8906 Bonstetten
  ..   ....
 .......A+L.        E-Mail          aplusl@ifi.ethz.(ch/UUCP)
..       .......                 ...mcvax!cernvax!ethz!aplusl

disd@hubcap.UUCP (Gary Heffelfinger) (02/01/89)

From article <752@ethz.UUCP>, by aplusl@ethz.UUCP (Albert Meier):
> Call Interface Technologies Corp., Houston, 713/523-8466 about their
> update of M2Amiga in the new version. You'll be surprised!

Does this concern the +$120 upgrade?  I don't think it's worth that
much.  For more information, see my tirade of about a month ago.

--
Gary R Heffelfinger   -  Not speaking for Clemson University
disd@hubcap.clemson.edu       -- FIX the Holodeck --