[comp.sys.amiga] IFF to PostScript anc ColorPostScript

svermeulen@Janus.MRC.AdhocNet.CA (Steve Vermeulen) (02/06/89)

| From: Bernie Cosell <cosell@bbn.com>
| Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga
|
| In article <11662@gryphon.COM> richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
|
| }iff2ps, is a program that will convert IFF files to PS, and does
| }a very good job. It's freeware.
|
| It does a good job for what it does, BUT: what it does is gets you is a
| *greyscaled* rendering of your IFF file.  Those of us with access to *color*
| PostScript printers are out of luck -- there is no program I know of, PD or
| not, that'll talk IFF->colorPostScript.         ^^^^^^^^^^

                                             Try Express Paint 3.0

Express Paint version 3.0, the first copies of which were shipped at
World of Commodore in Philly BEFORE the Amiga Whirl advert appeared,
does conversion of IFF images (up to 64 colours) to both B+W and Color
PostScript.  This has been tested on the QMS ColorScript 100, which is
EFFECTIVELY about a 60 DPI color printer (because of the screening).
With Express Paint 3.0 editing page sizes can be as large as you need
(subject to FAST memory constraints) so you can edit color pages at 300DPI
if you have the RAM.

Stephen Vermeulen
Author: Express Paint
Newsletter Editor of AMUC