[comp.sys.amiga] Pioneer Computing Where are you ?

hbit@pbhya.PacBell.COM (Henry Bitter) (01/26/89)

	Does anyone out there know the new number for pioneer computing ?
I have been trying to call them all week for information on their
products with no luck.  Today I started getting a number dis-connected
message.  I wouldn't care to much normally, but they owe me an upgrade
kit I paid for last month and havn't received. If anyone in the Salt Lake
area could check on this or get me a new number I would appreciate it.

Henry Bitter

* Pacific Bell  *         (415) 823-2836
San Ramon, Calif.
{ }!pacbell!pbhya!hb

If I had a disclaimer I wouldn't give it away !

mccauley@sonny.cs.unlv.edu (Dan McCauley) (02/03/89)

In article <23085@pbhya.PacBell.COM> hbit@pbhya.PacBell.COM (Henry Bitter) writes:

>	Does anyone out there know the new number for pioneer computing ?
>I have been trying to call them all week for information on their
>products with no luck.  Today I started getting a number dis-connected
>message.  I wouldn't care to much normally, but they owe me an upgrade
>kit I paid for last month and havn't received. If anyone in the Salt Lake
>area could check on this or get me a new number I would appreciate it.

    I too have evidently been burned for $15 for this upgrade.  I have
a hard disk from pioneer computing that has worked great for a couple of
years but now it looks like I can forget about any future support.
What are the legal ramifications of copying software that one has paid
for but never received?  I'd be interested in hearing from anyone with
recent experience with this company, either successful or unsuccessful.

Dan McCauley   4410 Salton 2B   Las Vegas, NV 89109          702-369-5751

ins_adjb@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Daniel Jay Barrett) (02/05/89)

In article <1057@jimi.cs.unlv.edu> mccauley@jimi.cs.unlv.edu (Dan McCauley) writes:
>    I too have evidently been burned for $15 for this upgrade.  I have

	I have heard that Pioneer Computing was ROBBED around the holidays
and their entire inventory was taken.  They'll probably be out of the
market until they can straighten out insurance, etc....
--
Dan Barrett	ins_adjb@jhunix.UUCP			UUCP
		barrett@cs.jhu.edu	(128.220.13.4)	ARPA

thomson@wasatch.UUCP (Rich Thomson) (02/08/89)

In article <647@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU> ins_adjb@jhunix.UUCP (Daniel Jay Barrett):
>	I have heard that Pioneer Computing was ROBBED around the holidays
>and their entire inventory was taken.  They'll probably be out of the
>market until they can straighten out insurance, etc....

Unfortunately this is true; currently PC is arguing with their insurer.  It
seems that the blood-suckers don't want to make good on the insurance.
They do have some small amount of their inventory left, but whoever stole
the stuff definately knew what they were taking and nicked the better part
of PC's inventory.  I'll ask about their status at the next user's group
meeting if anyone's interested.

					-- Rich
--
Rich Thomson	thomson@cs.utah.edu  {bellcore,hplabs}!utah-cs!thomson
"Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with