[comp.sys.amiga] intro to amiga software with 1.1.

riley@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Daniel S. Riley) (02/08/89)

In article <1223@dukeac.UUCP> rsb@dukeac.UUCP (R. Scott Bartlett) writes:
>In article <3382@sugar.uu.net> peter@sugar.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
>>[some flame about serial ports]
>[more stuff on serial ports]
>	I know this is getting off the subject, but it is sort of related.
>Many Mac enthusiests (sp?) tout that their machine is easier to use than the
>Amiga.  This is true to some extent.  Macs come with a great piece of software
>called (if i remember correctly) "Introduction to the Macintosh."  The Amiga
>however lacks a comparable piece of software.

I remember trying this on the first Macintosh I got to play with.  It
crashed.  I suppose by now they've worked some of the bugs out.

Anyway, 1.1 did come with a disk-based tutorial.  I actually thought it
was kind of nice.  In fact, it's the only reason I still have the 1.1
distribution diskettes still archived.  It was called "Amiga Tutor", and
I'd run it now, except I don't remember if it multi-tasks.  I think it
was written on contract by Activision or some such, so C-A may not even
have the source, even if they wanted to update it.  And they don't have
the free space on the Extras disk anymore.  And it's probably not a
priority.  Perhaps someday...

-Dan Riley (riley@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu, cornell!batcomputer!riley)
-Wilson Lab, Cornell U.