[comp.sys.amiga] Mountain Software

john@wpi.wpi.edu (John F Stoffel) (02/07/89)

Does anyone out on the net know what happened to Mountain Software?  I
bought a hard drive from them and I haven't seen it yet!  They're
phone number now gives a disconnected signal whenever I call them up.
I've sent them letters, but I haven't hear any response from them yet.
Can anyone out there help me wit this?  I think I can kiss my money
good-bye, but this would seriously HURT since I is a college student.
Any and all information would be appreciated.  Thanks!

John Stoffel                                              fnoard!  The ultimate
BITNET   John@wpi.bitnet       USENET   "don't know yet"  in subliminal words!
INTERNET john@wpi.wpi.edu -> more reliable

diamond@hubcap.UUCP (David Lee) (02/07/89)

   Concerning Mountain Software it is my understanding that the owner
/operator had marital problems to the extent that he pulled up stakes
and left for Texas. The status of Mountain I am unsure of but unless he
surfaces under a Texas area code some time soon I would assume that he
is out of business. One of his limited partners, Mike Williams stated
at a recent users meeting that he would try to get the orders that he
could, taken care of but it is my opinion that these are the smaller software
orders... I will try to find more information....

                                        -David Lee
                                         diamond@hubcap.clemson.edu

rouaix@inria.UUCP (Francois Rouaix) (02/09/89)

In article <4332@hubcap.UUCP>, diamond@hubcap.UUCP (David Lee) writes:

>    Concerning Mountain Software it is my understanding that the owner
> /operator had marital problems to the extent that he pulled up stakes
> and left for Texas. The status of Mountain I am unsure of but unless he
> surfaces under a Texas area code some time soon I would assume that he
> is out of business. One of his limited partners, Mike Williams stated
> at a recent users meeting that he would try to get the orders that he
> could, taken care of but it is my opinion that these are the smaller software
> orders... I will try to find more information....

Well folks I have a problem here.
I WANT AREXX. Nobody sells it in France, so I have to order in in the States.
This is what I've done in Nov 88 by calling Mountain Software's BBS...
I have not received AREXX yet (and they have not cashed the money either).
May I hope that I will receive it one day ?
If not, could you PLEASE give me a GOOD mail-order company that has a BBS
where I can order AREXX (vocal phone calls is no good from France..
heavy costs when you phone day-time in the US).
	If none, then give me the address of a GOOD mail-order company where
	I can send a mail-order from France, with enough chances to get a
	reply
		If none, is it possible to order AREXX directly from the
		author (Bill Hawes ??), and in this case may I have his
		address ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm in complete despair...

--
*- Francois Rouaix                 //       When the going gets tough,       *
*- rouaix@inria.inria.fr         \X/           the guru goes meditating...   *