[comp.sys.amiga] Kickstart Eliminator/ Inboard1000 or Insider conflict?

STODDARD%MORDOR@draper.com (Ike Stoddard, x3882, rm4421C) (02/01/89)

    EXPERIENCE WANTED:

    I am hoping to buy some more MB soon.  I have a 1985 A1000, with
    the Kickstart Eliminator board installed.  I am considering an
    Inboard1000 from Spirit, or an Insider from Michigan Software (if
    they're still around).  Does anyone have any experience with this
    combo?  I'm ready to rework the shielding and case to accommodate
    them if necessary.

    Please e-mail me your reply, as we may be losing our news feed shortly.
    If enough enthusiasm is expressed, I'll post a summary of replies.

    Thanks in advance,
 			Ike Stoddard
CSNET:            STODDARD%MORDOR@DRAPER.COM
BITNET/UUCP:      STODDARD%MORDOR@DRAPER.COM@RELAY.CS.NET
    speaking from, but not representing:
    Charles Stark Draper Laboratory, MS#4C
    Cambridge, MA  02139  [AT&T: 617-258-1000, 258-3882]

chas@gtss.gatech.edu (Charles Cleveland) (02/01/89)

In article <7687@louie.udel.EDU> STODDARD%MORDOR@draper.com (Ike Stoddard, x3882, rm4421C) writes:
)
)    EXPERIENCE WANTED:
)
)    I am hoping to buy some more MB soon.  I have a 1985 A1000, with
)    the Kickstart Eliminator board installed.  I am considering an
)    Inboard1000 from Spirit, or an Insider from Michigan Software (if
)    they're still around).  Does anyone have any experience with this
)    combo?  I'm ready to rework the shielding and case to accommodate
)    them if necessary.
)
)    Please e-mail me your reply, as we may be losing our news feed shortly.
) 			Ike Stoddard
)CSNET:            STODDARD%MORDOR@DRAPER.COM
)BITNET/UUCP:      STODDARD%MORDOR@DRAPER.COM@RELAY.CS.NET

I have an Insider and am interested in a hard disk, which some of which I
have heard the former has problems.  So in your responses to Ike, the summary
of which I would indeed like to see, please think to mention any
incompatibilities, or lack of them, of these boards with other peripherals.

If you inadvertently reply to this article instead of Ike's, I will forward
it to him.  If he loses his news feed before he can get the summary out, I will
happily post it for him.

My Insider works fine, by the way, on my otherwise entirely generic, non-
half-brite, Amiga 1000, where it is installed at C00000 (+/- a zero).  The
instructions were clear and I had no trouble following them.
--
-  It is better for civilization to be going down the drain than to be  -
-  coming up it.                                        -- Henry Allen  -

chas@gtss.gatech.edu (Charles Cleveland) (02/10/89)

[...]

Hi!  Remember the above message?  In communication with its author I recently
got the following after requesting a new mail message to reply to (I had
inadvertently torched my old copy):

From @RELAY.CS.NET:IAS2033@draper.com Wed Feb  8 14:36:55 1989
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 89 17:37 EST
From: "Ike Stoddard, x3882, rm4421C" <IAS2033@draper.com>
Subject: a fresh reply address...re:oops, note address revised
To: chas%gtss@GATECH.EDU

If you want to respond to his original posting, the previous posted address
should still work (i.e., be forwarded according to a subsequent letter from
Ike).  If you want to be cautious, use the new address above, or if in doubt,
sent it to me (reply to this message) and I will forward it to him (as
promised in an earlier posting).  Ike's news feed, to judge from the mail he
sent me, has gone all to hell, so whatever you post here is unlikely to ever
reach him.  I only *promise* to forward MAIL.