[comp.sys.amiga] resetting Brideboard

mcr@julie.UUCP (Michael Richardson) (02/12/89)

Mark Wenning writes:
>Is there a way to reset the bridgeboard without rebooting the Amiga?
>Apparently the Amiga pulls down the 8088 reset line when it is rebooted -
>is it possible to write a routine to do this without resetting anything
>else?
  I can't answer the question, but I have another to ask - is there a
way that I can make sure that all the dirty buffers have been written out
before rebooting? A Sync() call? A reboot (8) program?
  When I change my MountList and startup-sequence to reference new
devices and get something wrong, I often wind up editing the mountllist,
and then rebooting as soon as the dme window disappears. I _know_ that
waiting a couple of seconds will solve this problem, but getting
into the habit of typing 'reboot' instead of the salute is not hard, I
would feel safer that way.

--

  :!mcr!:
  Michael Richardson                     Amiga