[comp.sys.amiga] ABSOFT Compiler

jrburley@Portia.Stanford.EDU (James Burley) (02/14/89)

[]
  Could anyone with experience using the Absoft FORTRAN compiler tell me if
it supports 32 character variable names? I have FORTRAN CODE WRITTEN FOR a VAX
that I would like to port to the Amiga. Also any comments on the Absoft
compiler would be apreciated.

Jim Burley

2011_552@uwovax.uwo.ca (Terry Gaetz (UWO Astronomy); Bitnet: gaetz@uwovax) (02/14/89)

In article <324@Portia.Stanford.EDU>, jrburley@Portia.Stanford.EDU (James Burley) writes:
> []
>   Could anyone with experience using the Absoft FORTRAN compiler tell me if
> it supports 32 character variable names? I have FORTRAN CODE WRITTEN FOR a VAX
> that I would like to port to the Amiga. Also any comments on the Absoft
> compiler would be apreciated.
>
> Jim Burley

The manual says that it will support 31 character names for variable names.
The names can be case-sensitive or folded to uppercase depending on the
setting of a compiler switch.  Only the first 6 characters of function names,
subroutine names, block data, and common block names are significant; these
are all folded to uppercase.

Terry Gaetz     gaetz@uwovax.uwo.ca     gaetz@uwovax.BITNET