[comp.sys.amiga] Latest version of Handshake needed.

840493n@aucs.UUCP (Bill Nickerson) (02/03/89)

What and where is the latest version of HandShake? I understand the latest
version has VT220 emulation. (How about VT240 emulation? :-))
I'd appreciate anyone pointing me to a copy of this excellent piece of
shareware.

...Bill

--
Bill Nickerson    | {uunet|watmath|utai|garfield}!dalcs!aucs!840493n
Acadia University | 840493n@Acadia

kalinowi@topaz.rutgers.edu (Kalin) (02/08/89)

In article <1535@aucs.UUCP> 840493n@aucs.UUCP (Bill Nickerson) writes:

> What and where is the latest version of HandShake? I understand the latest
> version has VT220 emulation. (How about VT240 emulation? :-))
> I'd appreciate anyone pointing me to a copy of this excellent piece of
> shareware.

The latest version is V2.11, at least I hope so, that's what I'm
running now.  I got it from Plink, but I've seen it on local BBS's as
well. I don't think it's come past here on comp.binaries.

duncan@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Shan D Duncan) (02/08/89)

In article <Feb.7.23.15.38.1989.14962@topaz.rutgers.edu> kalinowi@topaz.rutgers.edu (Kalin) writes:
>In article <1535@aucs.UUCP> 840493n@aucs.UUCP (Bill Nickerson) writes:
>
>> What and where is the latest version of HandShake? I understand the latest
>> I'd appreciate anyone pointing me to a copy of this excellent piece of

>The latest version is V2.11, at least I hope so, that's what I'm
>running now.  I got it from Plink, but I've seen it on local BBS's as

According to the latest list for Fish disks.  The version on #172 is
Handshake v2.12a.

This from the back of Amazing Computer Jan. issue.  Any one know why
my Amazing Computing came in Feb.?

So far it has been great.  Subscribe and you can run down to the local
bookstore to preview what you will eventually get in the mail! Almost
a :-)  (I also subscribe to Amiga Transactor).

Hurn@cup.portal.com (Edward Hurn Braswell) (02/11/89)

Yes, the latest I have is V2.12a (which I'm using right now).
 As a warning, I _DO_ hope the next version comes out SOON as
this one is a little BUGGY!
(What kind of BUGS one asks?  Here are a few:
Errors on X and Y modem do NOT show up in the little boxes..
the thing still counts 10 errors and quits, but the user
couldn't tell what kind of error, what the current error
number is, etc..
Errors on ASCII send are fatal (sometimes).  How can ASCII send
mess up?  I don't know, but it has happened several times!
The 48 line screen often "forgets" that it is 48 lines and
procedes to act as if it only had 24 lines.
And so on...   so, here's hoping for V2.12b real soon!
 Hurn

Hurn%cup.portal.com@cunyvm.cuny.edu (02/12/89)

Sullivan@cup.portal.com (sullivan - segall) (02/14/89)

>Yes, the latest I have is V2.12a (which I'm using right now).
> As a warning, I _DO_ hope the next version comes out SOON as
>this one is a little BUGGY!

>The 48 line screen often "forgets" that it is 48 lines and
>procedes to act as if it only had 24 lines.

I've submitted a bug report to CS at Portal.  Handshake does NOT forget
that it is 48 lines.  Currently the VI editor is configured to set up
a 24 line window at the top of the screen.  Handshake does this correctly.
However, Portal does not send an escape sequence to return it to a 48 (or
whatever size window you like) line screen.

                           -Sullivan Segall

/V\  Sully set the example: to fly without moving.  We shall
 '   learn to soar on wings of thought. And the student will
     surpass the teacher.
To Quote the immortal Socrates: "I drank what?" -Sullivan

Mail to: ...sun!portal!cup.portal.com!Sullivan or
         Sullivan@cup.portal.com