[comp.sys.amiga] AmigaUUCP on FTP

noel@uokmax.UUCP (Bamf) (02/13/89)

Dan "Sneakers" Schein says (about AmigaUUCP):

>   You may copy and distribute this software freely, provided that:
>    1> No fee is charged for such copying and distribution.
>    2> It is distributed ONLY in its original, unmodified state(s).
>      A> Two ARC files sized 448022 bytes & 414226 bytes
>	  B> Two AmigaDOS 3.5" floppies

   So, this implys that he doesn't mind if someone puts it up on an FTP
site, no?  Well, has anyone, and if not, would some one please do so, and
post where.

   'preciate it.

--
 NEVER date a music major.  At least not one that's named her clarinet "Thor"
----You want it should sing too?------|    noel@uokmax | ngorelic@uokmax

tadguy@cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy) (02/13/89)

So, in article <2358@uokmax.UUCP>, noel@uokmax (Bamf) writes:
>   So, this implys that he doesn't mind if someone puts it up on an FTP
>site, no?  Well, has anyone, and if not, would some one please do so, and
>post where.

It's now on xanth.cs.odu.edu in /amiga/AmigaUUCP.  The two .arc
files checkout ok, though I haven't actually used AmigaUUCP yet.

Don't forget binary mode!!

	...tad

--
Tad Guy         <tadguy@cs.odu.edu>     Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA

wpl@huey.PRC.Unisys.COM (William P Loftus) (02/13/89)

 Dan "Sneakers" Schein says (about AmigaUUCP):

>   You may copy and distribute this software freely, provided that:
>    1> No fee is charged for such copying and distribution.
>    2> It is distributed ONLY in its original, unmodified state(s).
>      A> Two ARC files sized 448022 bytes & 414226 bytes
>	  B> Two AmigaDOS 3.5" floppies

Considering that my name and copyright is on most of the AmigaUUCP
software (and that I provided Dan with the software he is distributing)
everyone has my permission to distribute AmigaUUCP as they wish, as
long as it's free.  Your distribution doesn't have to be the original,
unmodified state as long as you state what has been modified, and you
don't remove my name or copyright.

William Loftus

William P Loftus                        UUCP:   wpl@burdvax.UUCP
Unisys/Paoli Research Center            ARPA:   wpl@anarchy.prc.unisys.com
PO Box 517                              215-354-0614 (home)
Paoli, PA 19301                         215-648-7248 (work)

In <9225@burdvax.PRC.Unisys.COM>, wpl@huey.PRC.Unisys.COM (William P Loftus) writes:
 >Considering that my name and copyright is on most of the AmigaUUCP
 >software (and that I provided Dan with the software he is distributing)
 >everyone has my permission to distribute AmigaUUCP as they wish, as
 >long as it's free.  Your distribution doesn't have to be the original,
 >unmodified state as long as you state what has been modified, and you
 >don't remove my name or copyright.
 >
 >William Loftus

William, can I take that as permission to post it to Compuserve? We had been
previously denied this, on the apparently mistaken assumption that there is an
additional charge for downloading.

Or is it only to be distributable on line to those who are willing to pay long
distance charges or get someone else to pay for the connection and time?

-larry

--
Frisbeetarianism: The belief that when you die, your soul goes up on
                  the roof and gets stuck.

sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) (02/15/89)

In Message <2358@uokmax.UUCP>, noel@uokmax.UUCP (Bamf) writes:

>Dan "Sneakers" Schein says (about AmigaUUCP):
                                   ^^^^^^^^^
   I think there is/was software by this name. But the software distributed by
   me is known as "Amiga UUCP/UseNet".  OK?  OK!

>>   You may copy and distribute this software freely, provided that:
>>    1> No fee is charged for such copying and distribution.
>>    2> It is distributed ONLY in its original, unmodified state(s).
>>      A> Two ARC files sized 448022 bytes & 414226 bytes
>>	  B> Two AmigaDOS 3.5" floppies
>

>   So, this implys that he doesn't mind if someone puts it up on an FTP
>site, no?  Well, has anyone, and if not, would some one please do so, and
>post where.

  Why not just ask 'he' if he minds or not ?!?

  (In all fairness to Noel, he did send me e-mail on this subject. But ive
   been out of town on business and just got back today).

  I have already submitted the latest release (including the last bug fix) to
  Bob Page for posting to the net. But in regards to FTP, no I don't mind as
  long as any bug fixes, updates are also available via that same FTP as well.

--
Dan "Sneakers" Schein          {pyramid|rutgers|uunet}!cbmvax!heimat!sneakers
Sneakers Computing

   Call: BERKS AMIGA BBS - 60+ Megs - 24 Hrs - 12/2400 Baud - 215/678-7691