[comp.sys.amiga] Need Driver for Panasonic KX-P1124

L30CC@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU (02/12/89)

I just got my hands on a brand new Panasonic KX-P1124 24 pin printer.  The
manual states it is Epson LQ-2500 compatible so I've been using the EpsonQ
printer driver in Workbench 1.3.  However, the printer is capable of printing
in resolutions higher than those supported by the EpsonQ driver.  So I was
wondering if anyone knows if a specific driver for the Panasonic has been
written.  I also recall running across an ad about a year ago from a third
party company that writes specific drivers for printers.  Anybody know of
any such company?  Any info greatly appreciated...

Thanx.

 Kamlesh R. Bhagia
                            Disclaimer: blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,
 !!yourdead                             blah, blah, blah!
 ]RUN HELLO
 ROGRAM TOO LARGE           "A buzzard is two faced ..."
 *

daveb@cbmvax.UUCP (Dave Berezowski) (02/13/89)

In article <1931L30CC@CUNYVM> L30CC@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU writes:

>I just got my hands on a brand new Panasonic KX-P1124 24 pin printer.  The
>manual states it is Epson LQ-2500 compatible so I've been using the EpsonQ
>printer driver in Workbench 1.3.  However, the printer is capable of printing
>in resolutions higher than those supported by the EpsonQ driver.  So I was
>wondering if anyone knows if a specific driver for the Panasonic has been
>written.  I also recall running across an ad about a year ago from a third
>party company that writes specific drivers for printers.  Anybody know of
>any such company?  Any info greatly appreciated...

	The only resolution mode that the EpsonQ driver does not support is
360x360 dpi graphics.  This is due to the fact that Epson did not have this
mode when the EpsonQ driver was written.

	The Nec_Pinwriter driver is IDENTICAL to the EpsonQ driver with the
exeception that it DOES have 360x360 dpi support.  So, use the Nec_Pinwriter
driver. :^)

	david berezowski

higgin@cbmvax.UUCP (Paul Higginbottom MKT) (02/15/89)

In article <1931L30CC@CUNYVM> L30CC@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU writes:
$I just got my hands on a brand new Panasonic KX-P1124 24 pin printer.  The
$manual states it is Epson LQ-2500 compatible so I've been using the EpsonQ
$printer driver in Workbench 1.3.  However, the printer is capable of printing
$in resolutions higher than those supported by the EpsonQ driver.  So I was
$wondering if anyone knows if a specific driver for the Panasonic has been
$written.

I've been waiting for an opportunity to talk about this printer!  Some may
recall I asked for any info people had on this printer (via email) and the
response was great (thanks everyone).  Basically everyone who wrote to me
likes Panasonic printers.  So I got the very same one you have (the KX-P1124).
I think the printer is --in a word--: AMAZING.

The printer:
- prints graphics at up to 360x360 dpi.
- can feed paper from the front, back, and underside.
- takes single sheets without unloading the tractor paper.
- allows tractor paper to be torn off without wasting a sheet.
- prints in 5 different fonts (each at 4 or 5 different pitches).
- emulates Epson LQ2500 & IBM ProPrinter.
- prints at around 200 cps in draft, and 63 NLQ (twice as fast as 9 pin)
- can be had for around $320 mail order!

(What makes you think I like this puppy?)

Anyway - to your specific question!  Use the Nec Pinwriter driver.  As
far as I know, it's the same as the EpsonQ driver with more resolution
modes.

	Paul.

Disclaimer: the above opinions are my own and this message does not
in any way represent an endorsement by my employer.