[comp.sys.amiga] Lattice VT100 source?

carlson@betelgeuse (Richard L. Carlson) (02/14/89)

In article <2030158@hpcilzb.HP.COM> daves@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Dave Scroggins) writes:

>>[I wrote:]
>>Believe it or not, when the computer I'm connected to sends a continuous
>>stream of characters, I lose control of the Amiga!  No key presses or
>>mouse movements are acknowledged.                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>Actually you might be looking at the wrong place for the problem.
>I've had the same thing happen. It was because the host I was
>connected to was not recognizing the break (^C ^D etc)

Thanks for the idea, but my problem seems to be different...the Amiga
simply ignores *all* user input until there is a pause in the modem input.

Now, I found the source to VT100v2.8a, and I would try to find and squash
this problem myself, except for one thing.  I have Lattice 5.0, and when
I compile VT100v2.8a, the compilation succeeds (no errors; just a few
harmless-looking warnings) but the executable gurus immediately when it
is started up (Guru #3 or #4, I think).

Does anyone have a Lattice-compatible version of the VT100 sources, or at
least know from experience what magic incantations must be used to compile
it with Lattice?  The documentation implies that either Manx or Lattice
can be used to compile it, but I haven't found any specific instructions...

-- Richard
   {tektronix,dual,sun,decvax,...}!ucbvax!ernie!carlson
   carlson@ernie.berkeley.edu

rosenbergr@abo.fi (Robin Rosenberg, Computer Science, ]bo Akademi) (02/14/89)

> I compile VT100v2.8a, the compilation succeeds (no errors; just a few
> harmless-looking warnings) but the executable gurus immediately when it
> is started up (Guru #3 or #4, I think).
>
> Does anyone have a Lattice-compatible version of the VT100 sources, or at
> least know from experience what magic incantations must be used to compile
> it with Lattice?  The documentation implies that either Manx or Lattice
> can be used to compile it, but I haven't found any specific instructions...

I had a little problem with vt1002.6 and Lattice 3.10 some time ago and this
might well be the same. In the emulator source there is a function called
dopen and one called dclose. Functions with the same name exists in the
link libraraies so they are multiply defined. BLINK didn't warn me so the
thing crashed.
I fixed it by insertingn the following lines into vt100.h
#define dopen xx_dopen
#define dclose xx_dclose
Then it worked

acs@pccuts.pcc.amdahl.com (Tony Sumrall) (02/16/89)

In article <9812@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> carlson@ernie.Berkeley.EDU (Richard L. Carlson) writes:
}In article <2030158@hpcilzb.HP.COM> daves@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Dave Scroggins) writes:
}}
}}}[I wrote:]
}}}Believe it or not, when the computer I'm connected to sends a continuous
}}}stream of characters, I lose control of the Amiga!  No key presses or
}}}mouse movements are acknowledged.                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
}  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
}}Actually you might be looking at the wrong place for the problem.
}}I've had the same thing happen. It was because the host I was
}}connected to was not recognizing the break (^C ^D etc)

Well, I looked through the source for 2.8, 2.8A and the unreleased 2.9 and
can't find anything that could be considered to cause this problem.  The
main loop is in vt100.c and processes at most two messages from the serial
port before checking for RAWKEY or MENU input.

}Thanks for the idea, but my problem seems to be different...the Amiga
}simply ignores *all* user input until there is a pause in the modem input.

What makes you say that it ignores input?  Can you change any of your
settings via the menus?  If so then VT100 is getting and processing input
from the keyboard.

}
}Does anyone have a Lattice-compatible version of the VT100 sources, or at
}least know from experience what magic incantations must be used to compile
}it with Lattice?  The documentation implies that either Manx or Lattice
}can be used to compile it, but I haven't found any specific instructions...

Sorry, can't help there.  I don't have Lattice.  It used to be that Manx
and Lattice were close enough together that it worked for either compiler
but I guess that has changed.  Some of my beta testers do, however, and
I'm going to ask them to try to "lattice-ize" it for me.

--
Tony Sumrall acs@pccuts.pcc.amdahl.com <=> amdahl!pccuts!acs

[ Opinions expressed herein are the author's and should not be construed
  to reflect the views of Amdahl Corp. ]