[comp.sys.amiga] AMIGA/IBM-PC monitors

arnold@geaclib.UUCP (Arnold Rosenbloom) (01/30/89)

I have just purchased an IBM-compatable (no flames please Im doing that
myself) and am interested in purchasing a color monitor which I can use
on both my Amiga 500 and my compatable, if anyone out there has any info
or experience with monitors used for both then please inform me. In
particular is it just an issue of getting the right cables or is there
more to making the monitor compatable with both. References to good
mointors will also be appreciated.

Big Mac...Fries to go! McDonalds new top 10 hit.

calexand@castor.usc.edu (Craig Alexander) (02/16/89)

I currently have an NEC MULTISYNC II monitor for my IBM and am
also looking into buying an Amiga.  How compatible is the NEC
with an Amiga 500,2000,2500??

Does anybody have one hooked up to their Amiga??

Sorry if this is a dumb question..

wilso_d@xanth.cs.odu.edu (DeWitte Wilson) (02/17/89)

In article <2716@nunki.usc.edu> calexand@castor.usc.edu (Craig Alexander) writes:
>I currently have an NEC MULTISYNC II monitor for my IBM and am
>also looking into buying an Amiga.  How compatible is the NEC
>with an Amiga 500,2000,2500??
>
>Does anybody have one hooked up to their Amiga??

I have one attached to my 2000, and it is GREAT.  It is a very good monitor
for the amiga, since it will work with the Flicker Fixer, a device to take
care of interlace.  With a 9 pin switch, you can jump from the IBM over to
the Amiga.

...DeWitte