[comp.sys.amiga] Blitzdisk and FFS

hal@hpscdc.HP.COM (Hal Work) (02/13/89)

I seem to remember something from a few months ago about Blitzdisk
being incompatible with FFS.  Is this true?

jgary@ms.uky.edu (James E. Gary) (02/14/89)

In article <7350008@hpscdc.HP.COM> hal@hpscdc.HP.COM (Hal Work) writes:
>I seem to remember something from a few months ago about Blitzdisk
>being incompatible with FFS.  Is this true?

Yes, Charlie Heath made many postings on BIX about this in an attempt
to spread the word. He has since released Blitzdisk2 available as a patch
from BIX which works fine with FFS (at least for me with a CLTD drive).
BD2 also has some new features like statistics reporting, holding the
cache for a removed floppy, and now caches drives rather than devices.

lgreen@pnet01.cts.com (Lawrence Greenwald) (02/17/89)

hal@hpscdc.HP.COM (Hal Work) writes:
>I seem to remember something from a few months ago about Blitzdisk
>being incompatible with FFS.  Is this true?

The version 1.0 is indeed incompatible. However, if you are a registered user,
Charlie Heath made a fix available (I know it's on PeopleLink). The fix
upgrades it to version 2.0 and this version *IS* FFS compatible.

He (Charlie) will be including the new version on the TxEd 2.02 upgrade.

Larry Greenwald

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd sdcsvax nosc}!crash!pnet01!lgreen
ARPA: crash!pnet01!lgreen@nosc.mil
INET: lgreen@pnet01.cts.com
SNAIL:4545 Collwood Blvd, #52  San Diego, CA 92115
"I'm looking over a three-leaf clover that I overlooked be-three!"  -Bugs Bunny