[comp.sys.amiga] Risk...Anyone seen this game?

dnye@bbn.com (David Nye) (02/14/89)

[Anyone seen the Lin

Hello,

One of my favorite games has always been Risk.  Has anyone seen or heard
of this game ported over to our beloved AMIGA?  If not I am thinking of
doing such a Risk like game. Thanks in advance....

Dave Nye
===   =========   =======================  Dave Nye,   Southern New Hampshire =
===   =========   =======================  dnye@bbn.com    AMIGA Users Group  =
===         ===         ===         =====  dnye%bbn.com@relay.cs.net          =
===   ===   ===   ===   ===   ===   =====  ...!harvard!bbn!dnye               =
===   ===   ===   ===   ===   ===   =====  BBN, Inc., Cambridge, Mass.        =
===         ===         ===   ===   =Inc=  Employers computer, MY opinion..   =

hbo@nobbs.ucsb.edu (02/14/89)

In article <35969@bbn.COM>, dnye@bbn.com (David Nye) writes...

>One of my favorite games has always been Risk.  Has anyone seen or heard
>of this game ported over to our beloved AMIGA?  If not I am thinking of
>doing such a Risk like game. Thanks in advance....

    Haven't seen Risk for the Amiga, but I've played Empire, and it puts Risk
to shame. Nonetheless, I'd be interested in whatever you produce along the
lines of an Amiga Risk port. I LOVE the genre!

INTERSTEL:

   PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add modem play to the Amiga version of Empire!

Disclaimer: I really am a productive drone; I don't play Empire all the time.

--
Howard Owen, Computer Systems Manager           internet: hbo@nobbs.ucsb.edu
Physics Computer Services                       BITNET: HBO@SBITP.BITNET

tope@enea.se (Tommy Petersson) (02/14/89)

In article <35969@bbn.COM> dnye@bbn.com (Dave Nye) writes:
<[Anyone seen the Lin
<
<Hello,
<
<===============================================================================
<===   =========   =======================  Dave Nye,   Southern New Hampshire =
<===   =========   =======================  dnye@bbn.com    AMIGA Users Group  =
<===         ===         ===         =====  dnye%bbn.com@relay.cs.net          =
<===   ===   ===   ===   ===   ===   =====  ...!harvard!bbn!dnye               =
<===   ===   ===   ===   ===   ===   =====  BBN, Inc., Cambridge, Mass.        =
<===         ===         ===   ===   =Inc=  Employers computer, MY opinion..   =
<===============================================================================

Yes, there exist an Amiga version of Risk. A friend of mine has version 3.0,
but I don't know if it is any good or which company has done the port.

Tommy P.

jal@wsu-cs (Jason Leigh) (02/15/89)

I hear Chris Crawford's "Balance of Power" is a pretty good game that
will satisfy all cravings for Risk (and then some).

sdl@linus.UUCP (Steven D. Litvintchouk) (02/17/89)

In article <530@wsu-cs> jal@wsu-cs (Jason Leigh) writes:

> I hear Chris Crawford's "Balance of Power" is a pretty good game that
> will satisfy all cravings for Risk (and then some).

Does anyone know whether Mindscape is going to release the upgraded
version, "Balance of Power 1990" for the Amiga, any time soon?  It's
been available for the Macintosh for the better part of a year.

Steven Litvintchouk
MITRE Corporation
Burlington Road
Bedford, MA  01730

Fone:  (617)271-7753
ARPA:  sdl@mitre-bedford.arpa
UUCP:  ...{att,decvax,genrad,ll-xn,philabs,utzoo}!linus!sdl

	"Those who will be able to conquer software will be able to
	 conquer the world."  -- Tadahiro Sekimoto, president, NEC Corp.