[comp.sys.amiga] Nethack on Amiga?

ins_acgy@attu3g.HCF.JHU.EDU (Curtis G Yarvin) (02/16/89)

Has anyone ported Nethack to the Amiga? What version?  Can I just compile
the sources that I downloaded from uunet? (Amiga 1000, 512K, 2FD, Aztec C
3.6a) If not, where can I get binaries?  Please reply by UUCP mail or post
it if you feel that there is enough interest.

      	                 Curtis Yarvin
  (seismo!umcp-cs | ihnp4!whuxcc | allegra!hopkins) !jhunix!ins_acgy
The Creed of the True Believer | "There is no operating system but Unix,
"Ah Believe!  Do You Believe?" | and C is its language"

tadguy@cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy) (02/16/89)

In article <769@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU>, ins_acgy@attu3g (Curtis G Yarvin) writes:
>Has anyone ported Nethack to the Amiga? What version?

Nethack (I think it's 2.3) for the Amiga was posted to
comp.binaries.amiga around December 2, 1988 and are available via ftp
from xanth.cs.odu.edu in /usenet/comp.binaries.amiga/volume2/fun.

>Can I just compile
>the sources that I downloaded from uunet?

You might be able to compile it, but I doubt you'll get it to run
without putting some work into it.

	...tad

alj@bilver.UUCP (arthur johnson) (02/18/89)

 NetHack 2.3 ported by Olaf Seibert is definitely available - I've been playing
it for a few weeks now.  Besides an annoying "divide by 0" error that pops up
when you polymorph yourself (once in a while - fixed with an exception patch),
it seems rather bug-free and is a good port.
 Speaking of NetHack, the latest Amiga Transactor says that 'Hack Lite' by the
Software Distillery is out.  Since they are the people who created all the
previous versions of Amiga Hack I've played, I'm very interested in their port,
but can't find it anywhere.  Anyone know the status of Hack Lite?

--
Arthur Johnson Jr. -=> {uiucuxc, hoptoad, petsd}!peora!rtmvax!bilver!alj
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-  -=> alj@bilver.UUCP

fnf@estinc.UUCP (Fred Fish) (02/19/89)

In article <410@bilver.UUCP> alj@bilver.UUCP (arthur johnson) writes:
> Speaking of NetHack, the latest Amiga Transactor says that 'Hack Lite' by the
>Software Distillery is out.  Since they are the people who created all the
>previous versions of Amiga Hack I've played, I'm very interested in their port,
>but can't find it anywhere.  Anyone know the status of Hack Lite?

They sent me a copy, so it should be on one of my new disks due in about a
week.  Some of the other goodies include NetHack, a self hosted Pascal
compiler (including source) that has not been released anywhere else
to my knowledge, the latest Commodore IFF disk, etc.

-Fred
--
# Fred Fish, 1835 E. Belmont Drive, Tempe, AZ 85284,  USA
# 1-602-491-0048           asuvax!{nud,mcdphx}!estinc!fnf

vyrus@altger.UUCP (vyrus) (02/19/89)

Yes! I am really interested about NetHack too, and I wonder where could
I find the sources for amiga. I know it was posted on comp.sources.amiga
but it was a long ago and the stuff is not longer available.

If anyone can help, let me know! I would really appreciate this.

-David