[comp.sys.amiga] UUCP archive sites

elg@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Eric Green) (02/19/89)

Is there anybody out there with the time and disk space to set up
UUCP-accessible comp.{sources/binaries}.amiga archives?

I was planning to do it here on "killer", but come May my access here
goes away (due to the demise of PC Pursuit). Not to mention that I
really have too many things on my "ToDo" list to add another one.  A
shame, because Charlie had the disk space, and was willing to let
someone do it on this system.  Still, it was a good idea. I often
don't fetch something off the source/binaries groups, saying "I don't
need a program like that", only to come across a need some time later.
Without FTP ability, the only way to fetch it is to a) wait for it to
appear on a Fish disk, or b) via UUCP. According to EMAIL that Bob
Page sent me, though, there ARE no UUCP archive sites.

--
|    // Eric Lee Green              P.O. Box 92191, Lafayette, LA 70509     |
|   //  ..!{ames,decwrl,mit-eddie,osu-cis}!killer!elg     (318)989-9849     |

abbadon@nuchat.UUCP (David Neal) (02/20/89)

In article <7227@killer.DALLAS.TX.US> elg@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Eric Green) writes:
>Is there anybody out there with the time and disk space to set up
>UUCP-accessible comp.{sources/binaries}.amiga archives?
>
> [balance deleted]

As a matter of fact, I have been collecting hardware
to do just this. I should have one up in about 2-3 months
running on an ancient Onyx box. (Really, no kidding).

Pretty much waiting for finances to settle enough to buy
a scsi tape drive and disks so I can boot and gen the
machine.

Disk space is going to be limited though; the bugger
supports 4 40mb drives total. Anyone who wants
to donate something a little beefier feel free.
(Hey, Sun, how about a 3/60? Hmm? 1 327Mb shoebox
 would do nicely)

>--
>|    // Eric Lee Green              P.O. Box 92191, Lafayette, LA 70509     |
>|   //  ..!{ames,decwrl,mit-eddie,osu-cis}!killer!elg     (318)989-9849     |
>| \X/   In HELL you do CAD with MS-DOS and 640K                             |

David Neal
{backbone!||killer!}texbell!nuchat!abbadon
[Cop: 'You got that Yankee Hostility', Girl: 'It'''s called intelligence']