[comp.sys.amiga] stevie3.35a

opus@ihlpe.ATT.COM (452is-Kim) (02/21/89)

In article <23757@watmath.waterloo.edu>, grwalter@watmath.waterloo.edu (Fred Walter) writes:
> I've put the latest version of STEVIE (a vi-clone) on crocus.waterloo.edu
> up for anonymous ftp. It is located in /u/grwalter/ftp.
>
> The following are the main differences between the last posted version of
> STEVIE (1.3 something) and this version :
>
> :s, :g, :d, :set nu, :set ai, :set ignorecase added
> bug fixes
> uses (under 1.3) the EXINIT enviroment variable

I have the version from FF166, and it hangs every time I try to write
out a file to either RAM: or df0:.  The only time it doesn't is if I
write to RAD: (I'm running 1.3).  It hangs even if I have nothing else
running.  The file gets written out correctly, but I get a task held
requester.  If I hit the retry button it just comes back again.  I have
an A1000 with a Starboard II that's never given me any problems.

Has anyone else had this problem?  What am I doing wrong?  Does the new
version fix this?
--
						RoBiN G. KiM
						...att!ihlpe!opus

grwalter@watmath.waterloo.edu (Fred Walter) (02/21/89)

In article <4479@ihlpe.ATT.COM> opus@ihlpe.ATT.COM (452is-Kim) writes:
>I have the version from FF166, and it hangs every time I try to write
>out a file to either RAM: or df0:.  The only time it doesn't is if I
>write to RAD: (I'm running 1.3).  It hangs even if I have nothing else
>running.  The file gets written out correctly, but I get a task held
>requester.

Hmmmm. I've never noticed this. But then again I tend to change STEVIE alot
so bugs may come and go and never bite me. Try the latest version and see if
it still does the same thing.

Hmmmm. Were you just doing a write, or were you doing a write and followed
by an exit ?

	fred