[comp.sys.amiga] SCSI interfaces & Scanners?

eberger@godot.psc.edu (Ed Berger) (02/21/89)

Does anyone know which scsi controllers (a500) can be used with
a SCSI scanner (Abaton ready and waiting for use)?
I've heard rumors, that GVPs won't.
Is Commodore's A500/scsi hardrive system out for Beta-Testing?
	(just wondering if it is near release...)

Also, does anybody have graphics conversion from IFF to CGM and CGM to IFF?
I'd like to include IFF pictures in TeX documents at work.  CGM is currently
supported here.  Also putting animations on the amiga would be easier with
this type of utility...

Thanks,
--
Ed Berger						eberger@godot.psc.edu
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center			eberger@cpwpsca.bitnet

paolucci@snll-arpagw.UUCP (Sam Paolucci) (02/21/89)

In article <583@godot.psc.edu> eberger@godot.psc.edu (Ed Berger) writes:
->Also, does anybody have graphics conversion from IFF to CGM and CGM to IFF?
->I'd like to include IFF pictures in TeX documents at work.  CGM is currently
->supported here.  Also putting animations on the amiga would be easier with
->this type of utility...

AmigaTeX already has the capability of including IFF as well as encapsulated
PostScript files within a TeX document.

->Thanks,

You're welcome.

->Ed Berger						eberger@godot.psc.edu
->Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center			eberger@cpwpsca.bitnet

--
					-+= SAM =+-
"the best things in life are free"

				ARPA: paolucci@snll-arpagw.llnl.gov

t-iaind@microsoft.UUCP (Iain Davidson) (02/24/89)

In article <583@godot.psc.edu> eberger@godot.psc.edu (Ed Berger) writes:
>[irrelavant text delete]
>
>Also, does anybody have graphics conversion from IFF to CGM and CGM to IFF?
>I'd like to include IFF pictures in TeX documents at work.  CGM is currently
>supported here.  Also putting animations on the amiga would be easier with
>this type of utility...
>
>Thanks,
>--
>Ed Berger						eberger@godot.psc.edu
>Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center			eberger@cpwpsca.bitnet

Speaking of converting IFF to CGM..... Has anybody heard of a conversion
utility to interchange IFF, MAC pictures(PICT,mPICT,PS,ePS,etc), TIFF, and
 others ????

A program on MAC, AMIGA, or I*M (shock!) would work......

THANKS.

Iain Davidson, formally of Bellingham, WA's BelAmi! Fame

UUCP: {uucp|uw-beaver}!microsof!t-iaind       (How did he move that "t" ???)
BITNET:  microsof!t-iaind@beaver.cs.washington.edu
    for really smart mailers:  t-iaind@microsoft.BITNET or .CSNET or .UUCP
*** Disclaimer: ***
  My employer and fellow employees will (have, has) disclaim anything I say
past, future, or present......  so there !!!!....