[comp.sys.amiga] Change DEFAULT TOOL from CLI?

blgardne@esunix.UUCP (Blaine Gardner) (02/17/89)

I'm looking for a program that will set the DEFAULT TOOL and TOOL TYPES
arrays from the CLI. I've got over a hundred icons that I need to change
the Default Tool on, and Workbench's Info option is just too slow.

I've been through the Fish disks, but couldn't see anything there that
fit the bill. I seem to remember seeing a program of this type once, but
I sure can't find it now that I need it (one of Murphy's laws?).

Any and all pointers gratefully accepted!
--
Blaine Gardner @ Evans & Sutherland    580 Arapeen Drive, SLC, Utah 84108
Here: utah-cs!esunix!blgardne   {ucbvax,allegra,decvax}!decwrl!esunix!blgardne

ralph@mit-atrp.UUCP (Ralph L. Vinciguerra) (02/23/89)

I have written a little set of PD utilities which run from the Workbench
or the CLI and allow you to change the images, default tools, and floating
position of up to 20 icons at a time. It could easily be extended to more.
It works by shift selection from the workbench, and uses the first argument
to get the info, and then applies it to all the following arguments.

I have uploaded them to the Channel-1 BBS in Boston, and to PeopleLink.
I could get them up to BIX if folks would like. Send me e-mail if this would
help you (i.e. you have no access to PLINK).

jms@antares.UUCP (Joe Smith) (02/24/89)

In article <1222@esunix.UUCP> blgardne@esunix.UUCP (Blaine Gardner) writes:
>I'm looking for a program that will set the DEFAULT TOOL and TOOL TYPES
>arrays from the CLI. I've got over a hundred icons that I need to change
>the Default Tool on, and Workbench's Info option is just too slow.

I can't believe the delay that is visible when you click the close gadget
on the Info window when dmouse is running.  The window is completely cleared
to blue, the stack, comment, and tool types fields written in white text,
the black and orange sections filled it, then the window is closed.  Takes
a bit of a long time.

Actually, it only occurs if you click outside the Info window (which brings
up the ZZ cloud) and then bring the pointer into the Info window.  At this
point the Info window is up front, is active, but Workbench is confused.
Too bad it goes thru all that work for nothing.
--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | jms@antares.Tymnet.COM or jms@opus.Tymnet.COM
McDonnell Douglas FSCO  | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!antares!jms