[comp.sys.amiga] What is that latest version of Movie?

jms@antares.UUCP (Joe Smith) (02/24/89)

Is there a newer version of Eric Graham's Movie program?

Version 1.01 has 2 problems:
  1) It won't open the screen if your WorkBench has morerows.
  2) It gets a GURU with the default stack size (anything below 4038).

Problem 1 explains why BoingThrows suddenly stopped working (when I when to
a 672x217 Workbench) and problem 2 was a real headache.

Second question:  What is the consensus on the proper way for a program
to determine if it has been invoked with a large enough stack?

--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | jms@antares.Tymnet.COM or jms@opus.Tymnet.COM
McDonnell Douglas FSCO  | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!antares!jms

kevin@uts.amdahl.com (Kevin Clague) (02/24/89)

In article <402@antares.UUCP> jms@antares.UUCP (Joe Smith) writes:
>Is there a newer version of Eric Graham's Movie program?
>
>Version 1.01 has 2 problems:
>  1) It won't open the screen if your WorkBench has morerows.
>  2) It gets a GURU with the default stack size (anything below 4038).
>
>Problem 1 explains why BoingThrows suddenly stopped working (when I when to
>a 672x217 Workbench) and problem 2 was a real headache.
>
>Second question:  What is the consensus on the proper way for a program
>to determine if it has been invoked with a large enough stack?
>
>--
>Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | jms@antares.Tymnet.COM or jms@opus.Tymnet.COM
>McDonnell Douglas FSCO  | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!antares!jms
>PO Box 49019, MS-D21    | PDP-10:JMS@F74.Tymnet.COM  CA license plate:"POPJ P,"
>San Jose, CA 95161-9019 | narrator.device: "I didn't say that, my Amiga did!"

I too have had bad luck with the Movie tool set.  I've heard rumors about
something called IFF2anim that produces anim files from a set of IFF
pictures.  I'm told it is script driven, so it can operate unattended
(like while I'm sleeping or at work).  If anyone has any pointers to
this, could you please email me.  I'd really like it.  I've been doing
some animations of 3D fractals, but have been limited by page flipping
using the director.

Advance thanks,

Kevin
--
UUCP:  kevin@uts.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,seismo,oliveb}!amdahl!kevin

[  Any thoughts or opinions which may or may not have been expressed  ]
[  herein are my own.  They are not necessarily those of my employer. ]