[comp.sys.amiga] Project D Copier

rlcarr@athena.mit.edu (Rich Carreiro) (02/09/89)

I would like to recommend _Project D_  by Fuller Software for use
as a program to make backups and to organize your disk collection.

I was able to make backups of previously un-copyable software such
as TV SPORTS: FOOTBALL and WAYNE GRETSKY, as well as apparently
defeating the key disk protection on EARL WEAVER BASEBALL.  You also
get a disk sector editor, a program to backup Xenix, AtariST, MS-DOS, and
CP/M format disks, and a disk cataloging program that can take file names
from manual entry or scan them right off the disk and then do alphabetic
and progressive sorts.  Who knows - I might actually discover exactly what
I have on my 100+ floppies?

Parameter file updates cost $7.50 and are purchased through Fuller.
The files included with V1.1 of Project D has quite a list of titles
it can copy, including some recent titles like the ones mentioned above.
I can now finally play these games without having to worry about having
my master disk eaten.  Thank goodness!

You can get Project D from GO AMIGO (800) BE-AMIGA.  I have no
connection with GO AMIGO or Fuller except as a satified customer.

* Rich Carreiro                 "Back off man, I'm a scientist."              *
* rlcarr@athena.mit.edu                - Dr. Peter Venkman                    *

Addman@cup.portal.com (Dennis A Lish) (02/11/89)

Rick, I just bought Project D also.  Unfortunately, I didn't think it copied a
many disks as I hoped it would.  My parameter file is date November something
so maybe there's a newer update with alot more titles.

I also found the prgram locked up occassionally when I went form Automagic mod
to Parameter mode.  Have you seen that??

Finally, I believe the manual says it really doesn't matter if you select
the Automagic mode or not...the program will copy a given disk no matter what
method you use.  I COULD NOT copy Emerald Mine in Automagic mode, yet it
worked when I chose that titles in the Parameter listing.

Speaking of Emerald Mine.......  **HELP** !!!!!!!   I'm stuck real bad on
level 11, does anyone have any ideas how to get out of that level???

Dennis

Addman%cup.portal.com@cunyvm.cuny.edu (02/12/89)

Rick, I just bought Project D also.  Unfortunately, I didn't think it copied a
many disks as I hoped it would.  My parameter file is date November something
so maybe there's a newer update with alot more titles.

I also found the prgram locked up occassionally when I went form Automagic mod
to Parameter mode.  Have you seen that??

Finally, I believe the manual says it really doesn't matter if you select
the Automagic mode or not...the program will copy a given disk no matter what
method you use.  I COULD NOT copy Emerald Mine in Automagic mode, yet it
worked when I chose that titles in the Parameter listing.

Speaking of Emerald Mine.......  **HELP** !!!!!!!   I'm stuck real bad on
level 11, does anyone have any ideas how to get out of that level???

Dennis

rlcarr@athena.mit.edu (Rich Carreiro) (02/13/89)

In article <8551@louie.udel.EDU> Addman%cup.portal.com@cunyvm.cuny.edu writes:
                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This message (and others) have already been echoed 6 or more times!
Can't you guys get this fixed once and for all?  Does your computer
have a flake-out every month or something?  I know it's not
udel's fault (or so they've previously claimed), but can't you threaten
cuny's feed unless they fix the damn problem?!

* Rich Carreiro                 "Back off man, I'm a scientist."              *
* rlcarr@athena.mit.edu                - Dr. Peter Venkman                    *

ksp@anuck.UUCP (p.s.kasten) (02/13/89)

It is imperative that, once you've made a copy of a disk with Project D,
you remove at least one of the two disks when the copy is finished.  Project
D, when it makes a backup, puts the identical creation date and time stamp
on the backup and the master (unlike Marauder and Rawcopy).  Apparantly
Exec doesn't like two identical disks, and hangs if it detects them.
Also, Project D validates the disks as soon as it can (allowing the disk
drives to be used by other programs) instead of forcing the drives to be
BUSY.

phil kasten
AT&T Bell Labs
att!mvuxj!ksp

dan@hp-lsd.HP.COM (Dan Schmelzer) (02/15/89)

If you can back up Emerald Mine you have the latest
parameter list for Project-D (I just bought the latest
parameter list).  I also noticed that Automagic mode will not
properly backup a disk but manually selecting the parameter will work.
Probably has something to do with being able to reliably recognize
which program is being backup up.

Now for help with level 11?  I'm currently at level 35 and I have
long forgotten what's on level 11, and my Amy is at home so I can't
go quick check.  If you could just remind us what that level was about.

	Dan Schmelzer

jacosta@hawk.ulowell.edu (Ja Vi eR aC oS tA) (02/19/89)

In article <7470007@hp-lsd.HP.COM> dan@hp-lsd.HP.COM (Dan Schmelzer) writes:
>If you can back up Emerald Mine you have the latest
>parameter list for Project-D (I just bought the latest
>parameter list).  I also noticed that Automagic mode will not
>properly backup a disk but manually selecting the parameter will work.
>Probably has something to do with being able to reliably recognize
>which program is being backup up.

 Hmm, I've been considering purchasing the Project-D copier for some time
now.. does anyone have a listing of what this software can currently back
up? (or if this is too great a task, I'm especially interested in backing
up my copy of TV Sports Football)

 EMail would be great (jacosta@hawk.ulowell.edu), but I'm not picky.. :>

davidb@utpsych.toronto.edu (David Brodbeck) (02/21/89)

In article <11795@swan.ulowell.edu> jacosta@hawk.ulowell.edu (Ja Vi eR  aC oS tA) writes:
>In article <7470007@hp-lsd.HP.COM> dan@hp-lsd.HP.COM (Dan Schmelzer) writes:
>>If you can back up Emerald Mine you have the latest
>>parameter list for Project-D (I just bought the latest
>>parameter list).  I also noticed that Automagic mode will not
>>properly backup a disk but manually selecting the parameter will work.
>>Probably has something to do with being able to reliably recognize
>>which program is being backup up.
>
> Hmm, I've been considering purchasing the Project-D copier for some time
>now.. does anyone have a listing of what this software can currently back
>up? (or if this is too great a task, I'm especially interested in backing
>up my copy of TV Sports Football)
>
> EMail would be great (jacosta@hawk.ulowell.edu), but I'm not picky.. :>
>
>>	Dan Schmelzer

While we're on the subject of Project-D I'd like to know if anyone
knows if Project-D will back up my Wayne Gretzky Hockey disk

Daveman

stan@hpcvca.HP.COM (Stan Gibbs) (02/23/89)

Has anyone managed to backup StarGliderII with Project D?

Also, what in the world does "Ztool!" do?  I can't find anything about
it in the (rather sparse) documentation.

Stan Gibbs
stan@hp-pcd

pdg@hpcupt1.HP.COM (Paul Gootherts) (02/25/89)

>	Also, what in the world does "Ztool!"  do?  I can't find
>	anything about it in the (rather sparse) documentation.

It's for backing up Zoom! (by Discovery Software).

- Paul Gootherts, Hewlett-Packard Co, hplabs!hpda!pdg