[comp.sys.amiga] SDB unable to print floats

lindwall@sdsu.UUCP (John Lindwall) (03/01/89)

	Spent many frustrating hours poring over my code and so tried to use
SDB to help out.  (This is Manx C 3.6a).  It seems that SDB does not know
how to print floats correctly.  I tried compiling with the default FFP option
and even the IEEE format but it did not seem to work.

	What am I doing wrong?

	While I'm on the subject of Manx - How about an upgrade soon or at
least some news on the progress?  I'd love to get new documentation: my
advice is to look at MicroSoft C for MSDOS and emulate their manuals.

John Lindwall

johnl@tw-rnd.sandiego.ncr.com
john.lindwall@tw-rnd.sandiego.ncr.com
lindwall%sdsu.uucp@uunet.uu.net		(not too sure about this one)

lindwall%sdsu.uucp%cunyvm.cuny.edu@cunyvm.cuny.edu (03/02/89)

barry@eos.UUCP (Kenn Barry) (03/02/89)

In article <3528@sdsu.UUCP> lindwall@sdsu.UUCP (John Lindwall) writes:
>	Spent many frustrating hours poring over my code and so tried to use
>SDB to help out.  (This is Manx C 3.6a).  It seems that SDB does not know
>how to print floats correctly.  I tried compiling with the default FFP option
>and even the IEEE format but it did not seem to work.
>
>	What am I doing wrong?

	Whatever it is, I musta done it, too - had the same problem.
I believe when I tried one of the other mathlibs, the problem reversed:
SDB showed correct results, but a printf stuck in the program showed
garbage. Don't remember which mathlib, sorry; it was a while back.

-  QQQCLC  -                                    Kenn Barry
ELECTRIC AVENUE:			{most major sites}!ames!eos!barry
ARPA:					barry@eos.arc.nasa.gov

ecphssrw@afws.csun.edu (Stephen Walton) (03/03/89)

In article <3528@sdsu.UUCP>, lindwall@sdsu (John Lindwall) writes:

>It seems that [Manx] SDB does not know
>how to print floats correctly.  I tried compiling with the default FFP option
>and even the IEEE format but it did not seem to work.

SDB doesn't know how to print FFP format floats, only IEEE format.
I've never had trouble if I compile with the +fi option and link with
either mx.lib or ma.lib (the latter uses the CBM-supplied
mathieeedoubbas.library).  It also works on my new A2620 with in-line
floating point (compile with +f8, link with -lm8).
--
Stephen Walton, Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, Cal State Univ. Northridge
RCKG01M@CALSTATE.BITNET       ecphssrw@afws.csun.edu