[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga on Get Smart, Again!

lgulyas@bonnie.ics.uci.edu (Laszlo Gulyas) (03/01/89)

I know that this may be a waste of net bandwidth, but I was watching the
Get Smart movie on ABC this weekend and I happened to see my favorite computer
sitting on the desk. Yes it was an Amiga 1000. It was on the desk in the
USIA office with the guy at the door at the beginning of the program when they
wish to reactive Smart.

I wonder if those were the Amiga's graphics that appeared on the screen though?

Anyone know?

Sorry for taking  up your time, but I am glad to see the Amiga getting exposure...
Even if it is on Get Smart (ps. I liked the movie)

Laszlo Gulyas

In <8446@paris.ics.uci.edu>, lgulyas@bonnie.ics.uci.edu (Laszlo Gulyas) writes:
 >I know that this may be a waste of net bandwidth, but I was watching the
 >Get Smart movie on ABC this weekend and I happened to see my favorite computer
 >sitting on the desk. Yes it was an Amiga 1000. It was on the desk in the
 >USIA office with the guy at the door at the beginning of the program when they
 >wish to reactive Smart.

Not a waste at all. It is interesting because of the software that was being
used for the display.

 >I wonder if those were the Amiga's graphics that appeared on the screen though?

It was Mike Berro's Amiga (he currently works for MicroIllusions). Mike has
been active in the TV industry, writing a number of packages that have to do
with production, as well as on-screen display. He wrote the software for the
game show 'LINGO', which was never very successful, unfortunately. On the Get
Smart Again show, his Amiga was running special software of his that allows
syncing the Amiga's video to the 24 frames/sec rate of a movie camera.

 >Anyone know?

That's about all I do know about it, from a message left by Mike on Compuserve.

-larry

--
Frisbeetarianism: The belief that when you die, your soul goes up on
                  the roof and gets stuck.