[comp.sys.amiga] VT100 2.8a

monty@sagpd1.UUCP (Monty Saine) (02/28/89)

To whom ever wrote/maintains VT100 2.8a;

     I was wondering if it would be possible to remap the Function key to
something other than F5, f5 etc. I know that the first 4 unshifted keys are
escape sequences, but the rest are just straight strings.

    I was trying to set up a mapping for vi here at work for when I log in
from my Ami at home, but the system will not allow Fx to be mapped to anything.
I get a "Too dangerous to map" error message. Just about any escape sequence
would do, or allow user to reprogram them as he see's fit.

    Maybe for 2.9????? Is the source for VT100 available as PD?

Thanks for even considering this,

Monty

acs@pccuts.pcc.amdahl.com (Tony Sumrall) (02/28/89)

In article <330@sagpd1.UUCP> monty@sagpd1.UUCP (Monty Saine) writes:
>To whom ever wrote/maintains VT100 2.8a;

That's me!  My name and e-mail address are in the docs that should've come
with it.

>     I was wondering if it would be possible to remap the Function key to
>something other than F5, f5 etc. I know that the first 4 unshifted keys are
>escape sequences, but the rest are just straight strings.

I hate to say this because of the way that it sounds but...RTFM.  Again,
in the docs it says that in your vt100.init file you can say:
	f 5  "some data to map function-key f5 to"
    f 15 "some data to map the SHIFTED function-key f5 to"

>    Maybe for 2.9????? Is the source for VT100 available as PD?

Already there!  Yes, the source is available...sounds like you just got
the executable without the source/docs.
--
Tony Sumrall acs@pccuts.pcc.amdahl.com <=> amdahl!pccuts!acs

[ Opinions expressed herein are the author's and should not be construed
  to reflect the views of Amdahl Corp. ]

ksp@anuck.UUCP (p.s.kasten) (03/01/89)

If vt100 opens a CUSTOMSCREEN, please have the vt100 window open at least
one pixel down from the top.  PLEASE!

phil kasten
at&t bell labs
!att!mvuxi!ksp

acs@pccuts.pcc.amdahl.com (Tony Sumrall) (03/03/89)

In article <1494@anuck.UUCP> ksp@anuck.UUCP (p.s.kasten) writes:
>If vt100 opens a CUSTOMSCREEN, please have the vt100 window open at least
>one pixel down from the top.  PLEASE!

Will do!  This is one of those things that I keep putting in then, quite
by accident, taking out again.  It will be so in 2.9!  Sorry for all of
the trouble that this is causing everyone.