[comp.sys.amiga] Digitized Amiga Personalities

tadguy@cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy) (02/27/89)

In article <8902251441.AA12796@terra.oscs.montana.edu>,
	iphwk@TERRA (Bill Kinnersley) writes:
>: "Schwab himself, lanky tall, whose unlined face of 24 years was
>:  framed by an auburn beard..."
>Well heck, Leo, we all look like that :-)

Well, maybe not all of us.

Hmm...

How many of you have a digitized image of yourself?  I have one of
myself from when I took ``Computer Imaging'' here at ODU (doesn't your
local University use Amiga in their Art Studio department?)

I would like to collect some images of other Amiga users (preferribly
those that post to the net).  I'll be willing to put my image up for
ftp if I get some other people's images to put up with it. (You show
me yours, etc.)

So, if you have a digitized image of yourself and don't mind letting
others look at it, let me know and we'll figure out a way to get it to
me.  Send some biographical information as well.

This could be interesting...

	...tad

PS: If you don't have an image of yourself, and are willing to drive
    to the Tidewater Virginia area, get in touch and I'll try to
    arrange a digitizing session in the Computer Imaging studio.

--
Tad Guy              Comp Sci, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA  23529-0162
tadguy@cs.odu.edu    tadguy@xanth.cs.odu.edu [128.82.8.1]     tadguy@xanth.uucp

"Think twice before speaking, but don't say `think think click click'."
                                                            -- John Owens

armhold@topaz.rutgers.edu (George Armhold) (02/27/89)

Well I don't have access to any Amiga digitizing equipment, but there
is a lab in my school that has a Mac "imaging machine" (I forget what
the real name was.) I don't know how the Macs store their graphic
files- is there some kind of program that converts Mac images to Amiga
and vice versa? I'd be happy to send in lots of stuff if this would
work. (And I could somehow get access to the machine! :-)

		-George
Save a bunny- stop the Draize.                     |armhold@topaz.rutgers.edu

"We saw the wrong and the right. We were for life  |Careful with that axe,
and we would never concede it."                    |Eugene...
		-T. Scholz                         |

In article <Feb.26.13.28.12.1989.2404@topaz.rutgers.edu> armhold@topaz.rutgers.edu (George Armhold) writes:
>Well I don't have access to any Amiga digitizing equipment, but there
>is a lab in my school that has a Mac "imaging machine" [ ... ]

	Interesting you should mention that.  At the Hackers' Conference
last year, all the attendees that could be collared were placed in front of
a video camera and digitized.  A list of attendees, complete with digitized
photo, was laser-printed up and distributed to all.

	The list was printed on a LaserWronger, driven by a Mac.  How to get
the images into the Mac?  Well, they had a Mac digitizer, but it was deathly
slow, and the subject had to sit still for several seconds while it scanned
the image in.  Clearly unacceptable.

	So what did they do?  Yeah.  They stuck them in front of a camera
plugged into LIVE!, stored the images on disk, then aimed the Mac's camera
at the Amiga screen (which obligingly held still) to get the images into the
Mac for printing.

	Hey, it *was* the Hackers' Conference...

Leo L. Schwab -- The Guy in The Cape	INET: well!ewhac@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU
 \_ -_		Recumbent Bikes:	UUCP: pacbell > !{well,unicom}!ewhac

jdow@gryphon.COM (J. Dow) (03/04/89)

In article <10858@well.UUCP> ewhac@well.UUCP (Leo 'Bols Ewhac' Schwab) writes:
>In article <Feb.26.13.28.12.1989.2404@topaz.rutgers.edu> armhold@topaz.rutgers.edu (George Armhold) writes:
>>Well I don't have access to any Amiga digitizing equipment, but there
>>is a lab in my school that has a Mac "imaging machine" [ ... ]
>
>	Interesting you should mention that.  At the Hackers' Conference
>last year, all the attendees that could be collared were placed in front of
>a video camera and digitized.  A list of attendees, complete with digitized
>photo, was laser-printed up and distributed to all.

Gee, gang, I have had several pix of me in various guises on bix for many years
now. In one I am in full Wizardess rigalia with JEP. in another I am dressed
as Morticia Addams. And in a third I am sitting at Big Kat back when that was
JEP's machine bixing. And ....

I've been hoping someone'd do this project for some time now!

(Me a showoff - moi? Little old moi? Aw shucks - ya found out!)

--
Sometimes a bird in the hand leaves a sticky deposit.
Perhaps it were best it remain there in the bush with the other one.

{@_@}
	jdow@bix (where else?)		Sometimes the dragon wins. Sometimes
	jdow@gryphon.CTS.COM		the knight. Does the fair maiden ever
	{backbone}!gryphon!jdow		win? Surely both the knight and dragon
					stink. Maybe the maiden should suicide?
					Better yet - she should get an Amiga and
					quit playing with dragons and knights.