[comp.sys.amiga] Half-baked Ideas, New Projects

In article <15381@cup.portal.com> Classic_-_Concepts@cup.portal.com writes:
>    I have the problem of too many ideas (3 games in my head right now) and
> too little time to implement even 1/4 of them.  Since there might be people
> out there with more time and fewer ideas, I thought I'd propose this one on
> the net.

I used to have this problem too, it was always "gee, if I wrote this it
would make a zillion bucks, and I could use it too." These days, I like
to throw those ideas out to the Amiga community because a) I know I won't
have time to implement them, but b) if someone else does I'd like to use
them.

>    I tend to type fast (83+ on a broken-down Selectric, 90++ on a word-
> processor), but even that isn't fast enough to keep up with thought processes
> (I get frustrated trying to write stories, journals, etc. because I lose the
> thought by the time my fingers catch up).

This is what a dictaphone was designed for. You dictate to it at upwards of
150 - 250 words/minute and then hand the tape to someone who will transcribe
it for you into a document for $20. Really a wonderful device.

[I've deleted the idea, which is essentially "word-abbrev" mode in EMACS.
 This is a nice feature and I believe it is in one of the microEMACS' out
 there.]

--Chuck McManis