[comp.sys.amiga] Wayne Gretsky Hockey

rlcarr@athena.mit.edu (Rich Carreiro) (03/04/89)

[NOTE Followup-To: LINE]

I just received my upgrade of Bethesda Softworks' Wayne Gretsky Hockey.
The upgrade fixes some bugs such as the wrong goalie leaving on a delayed
penalty, and two players on the same team fighting.

Unfortunately, the upgraded version CANNOT be backed up with Project D.
I called Fuller Systems and they said they know about it and are working on
it.

Other Amiga WHG news:

1) The league scheduler will not be out until late summer :-(

2) The 1988 NHL Data Disk won't be out for a while.

3) I believe the 1987 NHL data disk is out

Damn - I forgot to ask about Gridiron when I called.  If anyone happens
to call Bethesda, could you ask if they are ever going to upgrade
Gridiron for the Amiga (my version of Gridiron is 1.2), and ask them when the
1988 NFL stats will be out, and tell me what they say?

Thanks!

ARPA:    rlcarr@athena.mit.edu
UUCP:    {wherever}!mit-eddie!mit-athena!rlcarr
BITNET:  rlcarr%athena.mit.edu@MITVMA.mit.edu

* Rich Carreiro                 "Back off man, I'm a scientist."              *
* rlcarr@athena.mit.edu                - Dr. Peter Venkman                    *

ugbriank@sunybcs.uucp (B. Kazmierczak) (03/06/89)

In article <9578@bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU> rlcarr@athena.mit.edu (Rich Carreiro) writes:

>I just received my upgrade of Bethesda Softworks' Wayne Gretsky Hockey.
						   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>The upgrade fixes some bugs such as the wrong goalie leaving on a delayed
>penalty, and two players on the same team fighting.
					   ^^^^^^^^

	Obviously, this was a blind endorsement for Wayne since he is
so anti-violence in the NHL. I doubt he needed the money that bad.

Brian

smsst5@cisunx.UUCP (Steve M Suhy) (03/08/89)

In article <4522@cs.Buffalo.EDU>, ugbriank@sunybcs.uucp (B. Kazmierczak) writes:
> In article <9578@bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU> rlcarr@athena.mit.edu (Rich Carreiro) writes:
> >
> >I just received my upgrade of Bethesda Softworks' Wayne Gretsky Hockey.
> 						   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >The upgrade fixes some bugs such as the wrong goalie leaving on a delayed
> >penalty, and two players on the same team fighting.
> 					   ^^^^^^^^

How do you get a hold of an upgrade? Contact the company? I have had
trouble with mine; ie. Zamboni coming onto the ice scrambled, digitized
sounds such as checks and crowd misfiring, and one other noticeable
bug, if I could call it. I, being from Pittsburgh, set up play for
the '89 Penguins line-up, Lemieux and everything. But when I go to
ste lines, and do so, and save, I go to play the game and Lemieux is
never put on the ice! I'm in control player mode. And even if I did
want to coach, the coaching screen is hidden on the bottom of my monitor.
What updates are given in the upgrade. Please help!

-Steve