[comp.sys.amiga] Includes and Autodocs

z3rah@ttacs1.ttu.edu (Haddock, Richard) (03/09/89)

 I sent this for a friend of mine.

While I am aware that the 1.3 Autodocs and Includes UPDATE is available, I
need to know if this update is complete, i.e. the Autodocs "update" is a
complete, standalone set of Autodocs (versus just the revised portions of
the Autodocs that reflect changes between version 1.2 and version 1.3).
The reason I ask is that I do not have a set of Autodocs as yet (nor a set
of commented include files), and would like to get one.  If the 1.3 update
includes a COMPLETE set of Autodocs and a complete set of Include files,
then obviously there is no problem, but if the update only includes those
Autodocs/Includes that have changed between 1.2 and 1.3 then I need to know
how to obtain a complete set of each.

Also, I would like to know if the Amiga Software Toolkit includes a
librarian that allows one to modify/create Amiga-standard object libraries
(in the format of Amiga.lib).  If not, then where can I obtain this
utility?

Additionally, do the Autodocs include information like the offset address
of each ROM Kernel routine?  If not, where can I obtain this information? I
would like to upgrade my Manx C compiler without spending $200+ for a new
version if possible.

				Many thanks,

				Kevin Brown

Alan Haddock

Bitnet     Z3RAH@TTACS1
INTENET    Z3RAH@TTACS1.TTU.EDU

eric@cbmvax.UUCP (Eric Cotton) (03/09/89)

In article <10436@louie.udel.EDU> z3rah@ttacs1.ttu.edu (Haddock, Richard) writes:

> I sent this for a friend of mine.

>While I am aware that the 1.3 Autodocs and Includes UPDATE is available, I
>need to know if this update is complete, i.e. the Autodocs "update" is a
>complete, standalone set of Autodocs (versus just the revised portions of
>the Autodocs that reflect changes between version 1.2 and version 1.3).
>The reason I ask is that I do not have a set of Autodocs as yet (nor a set
>of commented include files), and would like to get one.  If the 1.3 update
>includes a COMPLETE set of Autodocs and a complete set of Include files,
>then obviously there is no problem, but if the update only includes those
>Autodocs/Includes that have changed between 1.2 and 1.3 then I need to know
>how to obtain a complete set of each.

The new, revised edition does indeed contain a complete set of includes and
autodocs.

>Also, I would like to know if the Amiga Software Toolkit includes a
>librarian that allows one to modify/create Amiga-standard object libraries
>(in the format of Amiga.lib).  If not, then where can I obtain this
>utility?

Sorry, no.  I posted a complete listing of the contents of the Toolkit disk
earlier.

>Additionally, do the Autodocs include information like the offset address
>of each ROM Kernel routine?  If not, where can I obtain this information? I
>would like to upgrade my Manx C compiler without spending $200+ for a new
>version if possible.

The volume does include function offsets for all libraries.
--
Eric Cotton
Commodore-Amiga                                               (215) 431-9100

In article <6190@cbmvax.UUCP> eric@cbmvax.UUCP (Eric Cotton) writes:
>In article <10436@louie.udel.EDU> z3rah@ttacs1.ttu.edu (Haddock, Richard) writes:
>>Also, I would like to know if the Amiga Software Toolkit includes a
>>librarian that allows one to modify/create Amiga-standard object libraries
>>(in the format of Amiga.lib).  [ ... ]
>>utility?
>
>Sorry, no.  [ ... ]

	Ummm...  I thought I read somewhere that you could make
Amiga-standard libraries by taking a bunch of Amiga-standard .o files and
'join'ing them together.  Yes?  No?

Leo L. Schwab -- The Guy in The Cape	INET: well!ewhac@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU
 \_ -_		Recumbent Bikes:	UUCP: pacbell > !{well,unicom}!ewhac