[comp.sys.amiga] Quarterback problem, Don't worry, be happy!

rosenbergr@abo.fi (Robin Rosenberg, Computer Science, ]bo Akademi) (03/10/89)

> Q: Has anyone else had a similar problem with Quarterback (version 1.4)?
>    I would like to know if it's mere coincidents that QB was used and
>    the read error was on the same place?

Commenting on my own posting: My intention was *not* to scare you people
from using Quarterback. It is the best backup program I've seen. Its fast
and you can select which files to back up or restore and uses the archive
bit and so on. I have never had a problem when running Quarterback from
another volume than the one being backed up. However I have not tried to
isolate the problem completely (it's not very funny to crash ones harddisk).
I posted the message in hope of finding out what the problem really was.
So go on using QB. BUT DON'T RUN IT FROM YOUR HARDDISK!. Until I or someone
else knows which of the factors (in my earlier posting) causedm the crash!
----
	Robin Rosenberg,  ]bo Akademi, FINLAND
	Finn|, 22340 Geta, ]LAND - FINLAND
	(or) Studentbyn 40A3, 20510 ]BO, FINLAND

Translation: ']' is an 'A' with a ring on top, '|' is an 'o' with two dots.

ejkst@cisunx.UUCP (Eric J. Kennedy) (03/11/89)

In article <6249@abo.fi> rosenbergr@abo.fi (Robin Rosenberg, Computer Science, ]bo Akademi) writes:
>So go on using QB. BUT DON'T RUN IT FROM YOUR HARDDISK!. Until I or someone
>else knows which of the factors (in my earlier posting) causedm the crash!

I regularly use QB from my harddisk.  Nary a problem.  Excellent
program.

This is on a C.Ltd AM-33 drive on an A1000.

--
Eric Kennedy
ejkst@cisunx.UUCP