[comp.sys.amiga] Assemnbly help needed

shaulp@pnet02.cts.com (Shaul Peleg) (03/10/89)

 I am having a little trouble trying to implememnt the WIndowToBack and Front
calls. I am wrting a little program that will flip back and forth the windows
on the screen.

 Problem: -- If I want to send the ACTIVE (guess) window to the back or front
I need a NAME to put in address register A0. What if this is just another
Window?  What shuld my program be pointing at(too C-ish?)???

 PLEASE HELP!!!! Any of it will be GREATLY appreciated!

 Thanks. -=SP=-

UUCP: {ames!elroy, <backbone>}!gryphon!pnet02!shaulp
INET: shaulp@pnet02.cts.com

In article <13100@gryphon.COM> shaulp@pnet02.cts.com (Shaul Peleg) writes:

> I am having a little trouble trying to implememnt the WIndowToBack and Front
>calls. I am wrting a little program that will flip back and forth the windows
>Window?  What shuld my program be pointing at(too C-ish?)???

All you need to do is open a window of your own. In the Window structure
there are pointers to the next, previous window in the list of windows
for a particular screen. You can follow that chain up and down to find
the window your are looking for (You *must* LockIBase to ensure the
integrity of that list while you search through it). Then using
the pointer to the window (Has nothing to do with names, same thing
as what is returned by OpenWindow) you can call WindowToBack.
This is a rude and dangerous thing to do with other peoples windows,
but is ok for playing around for fun. I believe that the windows
are sorted by order of last Active. THe Active window is the first, the
previously active window would be next, etc...

> Thanks. -=SP=-
Your welcome.

porkka@frith.egr.msu.edu
jap@syssun.cl.msu.edu (35.8.1.1)

In Real Life: Joe Porkka

shaulp@pnet02.cts.com (Shaul Peleg) (03/11/89)

 Thanks so much! OH WHAT A DUMBY I AM!!!!! (AARRRGGGGHHH)

  I can't believe I couldn't find this anywhere! Oh well,I'm still waiting for
the new RKM's and some more patience.

 Thanks alot again!
 -=SP=-

UUCP: {ames!elroy, <backbone>}!gryphon!pnet02!shaulp
INET: shaulp@pnet02.cts.com

shaulp@pnet02.cts.com (Shaul Peleg) (03/12/89)

 (I'll be thanking more in the future as I can see)

 ok, I went through everything I could find and I am having trouble with the
list stuff.  First off all, how do I find and manipulate the list ( of
windows, I guess)???

        After I find the list, is the window at the HEAD the latest active?
 OR is it the first in the system. IF so, how can I find the latest?
 Then, when I find what I am looking for , I stick the address in A0 and
perform my call of WindowToBack() (or front). Correct?

 Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

 Thanks so much. -=SP=-