[comp.sys.amiga] CBM 1581 3.5

In <09Usy74IaP1010KJkHM@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com>, dwl10@uts.amdahl.com (Dave Lowrey) writes:
>Stupid question time: :-)

Not really...

>I have a Commodore 1581 disk drive. This is the 3.5" drive for the 64/128.

>Since it is hooked up to a serial-type bus, it has alot of intelligence
>that in not required from "normal" drives.

>I wondered if it is at all possible to hack it up so that it can be used
>as an external drive on my amiga 2500.

Yes, you can remove all but the drive, build a small interface board (one
appeared in, I think, Amazing computing), and add the apporopriate cable.

It would probably be better to sell the drive and buy an Amiga external. It
would be less work, and you might even come out ahead money-wise.

-larry

--
Frisbeetarianism: The belief that when you die, your soul goes up on
                  the roof and gets stuck.