[comp.sys.amiga] Digitronics

dales@teksce.SCE.TEK.COM (Dale Snell) (03/07/89)

[woof]

In article <7378@killer.DALLAS.TX.US> elg@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Eric Green)
writes:

|For that matter, someone mentioned a $100 RAM card kit (blank) from
|some company... what company, and WHAT IS THEIR PHONE # OR ADDRESS?
|(infuriates me when someone says "Oh, it's at Ravon's" but doesn't say
|what a Ravon is).

Hi Eric,

     The company that made the cheap ram board kit was called Digitronics.
They are (or were) located in Pennsylvania.  I say "made" and "was" because
I've been unable to find their current phone and address.  They used to
advertise in Amiga Sentry, but I haven't seen an ad from them since the
December issue.  I called the number in the old ad, and got some man's
residence.  He told me that Digitronics had moved, but that he didn't have
their new number.  It sounded to me like he'd answered that question
before.  I called directory assistance, but they didn't have any listing
for Digitronics in Hatfield PA.

     I'm hoping that Digitronics has just moved, and is not out of
business.  I too would like to buy one of those kits.  Perhaps someone in
the Pennsylvania area knows something about this?

     Their *old* address was...

		Digitronics
		P.O. Box 579
		Hatfield, PA   19440

     Oh yeah, in the Feb '89 issue of AmigaWhirld, BRiWALL is offering the
assembled and tested version of the board (with 0K) for $199.  It's the
RC-4 RAMcard.  Though I note just now that they don't have the one for the
2000...  :-(

||    // Eric Lee Green              P.O. Box 92191, Lafayette, LA 70509     |

Hark! Hark! The dogs do bark,       | Dale D. Snell     Compu$erve:  74756,666
The Duke is fond of kittens.        | DOMAIN:  dales@teksce.SCE.TEK.COM
He likes to turn their insides out, | UUCP:  ...!tektronix!teksce!dales
And use their fur for mittens!      | Disclaimer??  I don't even *know* her!

daveh@cbmvax.UUCP (Dave Haynie) (03/09/89)

in article <2139@teksce.SCE.TEK.COM>, dales@teksce.SCE.TEK.COM (Dale Snell) says:

>      The company that made the cheap ram board kit was called Digitronics.
> They are (or were) located in Pennsylvania.  I say "made" and "was" because
> I've been unable to find their current phone and address.

>      Their *old* address was...

	I have a more recent address for this company:

		Digitronics
		P.O. Box 206
		Villanova, PA  19085

		(215) 459-4493

Far as I know, they're still in business.  As far as I know, their 4 meg RAM
board is still the lowest priced board I've seen in the Amiga market.  TINAR.

--
Dave Haynie  "The 32 Bit Guy"     Commodore-Amiga  "The Crew That Never Rests"
   {uunet|pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!daveh      PLINK: D-DAVE H     BIX: hazy

dales@teksce.SCE.TEK.COM (Dale Snell) (03/11/89)

[woof]

In article <6177@cbmvax.UUCP> daveh@cbmvax.UUCP (Dave Haynie) writes:
     [ Dave gives Digitronics' new address and phone number. ]

|Far as I know, they're still in business.  As far as I know, their 4 meg RAM
|board is still the lowest priced board I've seen in the Amiga market.  TINAR.

     Thanks Dave!  I think some of my tax return is going to go for a new
RAM board.  Oh, by the way, what does it mean, "TINAR"?

|--
|Dave Haynie  "The 32 Bit Guy"     Commodore-Amiga  "The Crew That Never Rests"
|   {uunet|pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!daveh      PLINK: D-DAVE H     BIX: hazy
|              Amiga -- It's not just a job, it's an obsession

"Lizzi Borden took an axe           | Dale D. Snell       CServe:  74756,666
 And plunged it deep into the Vax;  | UUCP-Domain:  dales@teksce.SCE.TEK.COM
 Don't you envy people who          | UUCP-Bang!:  ...!tektronix!teksce!dales
 Do all the things You want to do?" | Disclaimer:  My opinions, not Tektronix'

In article <2150@teksce.SCE.TEK.COM> dales@teksce.SCE.TEK.COM (Dale Snell) writes:
>Oh, by the way, what does it mean, "TINAR"?

	BIX (Byte Information eXchange) has this curious policy that anyone
not officially representing BIX or BYTE is not permitted to post reviews on
BIX.  Sounds to me like something a lawyer handed them.

	Anyway, when mere users of BIX post their impressions of a product,
they are required to disclaim themselves, which often takes the form of
"TINAR", which means, "This Is Not A Review."

Leo L. Schwab -- The Guy in The Cape	INET: well!ewhac@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU
 \_ -_		Recumbent Bikes:	UUCP: pacbell > !{well,unicom}!ewhac