[comp.sys.amiga] RawCopy v1.3

BPJ0%LEHIGH.BITNET@ibm1.cc.lehigh.edu (Bin) (03/14/89)

From: Russell Williams <raw@mcnc.org>
>    A friend of mine bought RawCopy (version # forgotten, 1.3  I think),
>and we tried it out to see what it could do.  The advertisements say it
>deprotects most programs.  Well, the only thing I saw it deprotect was
>Workbench.  We tried it out on my store bought copy of Return to Atlantis,
>and it didn't work.  We started testing older programs who were not as well
>protected.  After it failed to deprotect Balance of Power, which Marauder
>deprotected a year or two ago, we gave up.  It did not deprotect anything,
>and furthermore, it could only copy a fraction of the programs Marauder
>could handle.  From what I've seen, my friend was burned but bad by good 'ol
>Rawcopy.

These are some of the programs I've had no problems backing up and breaking
the protection of:

Ferrari Formula I
Double Dragon
Battlechess
Fa/18 Interceptor
Sex Vixens from Space
Superstar Ice Hockey
Major Motion
Romantic Encounters at the Dome
P.O.W

I couldn't say the same for TV Sports Football, Sword of Sodan and Captain
Blood.

So it's not too bad.  By the way any clues on how it manages to get rid of
the manual or code-wheel protection???

>                        Russell  Williams

Bin.