[comp.sys.amiga] WP Wars

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (03/14/89)

In article <10960@well.UUCP> ewhac@well.UUCP (Leo 'Bols Ewhac' Schwab) writes:

>	What if you don't *like* WordPerfetc?

Then there is probably something wrong with you.

Any program that comes with a 700 page manual that you never have to
look at to install the program, install custom fonts on an HP
lazyjet, run the program and generally produce really good shi.., uhh
stuff, is alright by me.

Now, Leo, I too poo-poo'ed Word Prefect. Then I used it for
a day or two. It's really very nice.

>	Now, what can you get for the IBM?  WordPerfetc.  But you don't like
>that, so what else is there?  Microsoft Word, WordStar, Write, Perfect Word
>(Perfect Write?), ... and probably a zillion others I can't remember.

WordStar ?  Thems fightin words. I was born and bred on Wordstar. used
it solidy for about 5 years. It's a flathead ford in a pack of
twin-cam turbos.

>	The point is that there's a much broader spectrum of stuff to choose
>from on the PeeCee than there is on the Amiga.

Yeah, and have you seen the PRICES ?  I'd agree we dont have quite
the selection, but you could'nt PAY ME to use EGApaint. What we
do have is good, DAMN GOOD. Cheap, and it works. I don't feel
we have a void.

It seems to me, Leo, you may be wanting to have all the titles
while overlooking the fact that we can basically do everything
we ned to.

Don't forget also that a lot of those PC programs are sheer shit.

Disclaimer: If you're offended by the word ``shit'' you probably
shouldnt have read this.

--
                  ``Quick Robin !  The Bat-Listings !''
richard@gryphon.COM  decwrl!gryphon!richard   gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.NASA.GOV