[comp.sys.amiga] Color ink

stan@teroach.phx.mcd.mot.com (Stan Fisher) (03/15/89)

Sometime ago on a Net not so far away...  someone said....
>Both printers use expensive paper.  I think the Xerox paper feels funny.
>On the other hand, you can refill a xerox with airbrush watercolors but
>you have to buy HP's $35 ink cartridges.       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Can someone recommend the specific brand of airbrush watercolors and
which exact color names that produce the best results so I too can
save big bucks on refilling my 4020. B^D  So far I've found Dr. Simmons
at the local art supply shop, is that any good?  I don't know if I
should just buy 'cyan' 'magenta' and 'yellow' (obviously black is black)
or if some exotic 'tiel blue' is better than cyan, etc.

Thanks in advance

             Stan Fisher        asuvax!mcdphx!teroach!stan
  Motorola Microcomputer Division, Tempe, Arizona -  (602) 438-3228

c152-cb@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Vince Lee) (03/16/89)

In article <10524@mcdphx.phx.mcd.mot.com> stan@teroach.phx.mcd.mot.com (Stan Fisher) writes:

>Can someone recommend the specific brand of airbrush watercolors and
>which exact color names that produce the best results so I too can
>save big bucks on refilling my 4020. B^D  So far I've found Dr. Simmons
>at the local art supply shop, is that any good?  I don't know if I
>should just buy 'cyan' 'magenta' and 'yellow' (obviously black is black)
>or if some exotic 'tiel blue' is better than cyan, etc.

My favorite colors are those of the HP Paintjet.  Thus, you can get the
accurate fleshtones of a paintjet on your 4020!  Using Dr PH Martins water
colors, (use WATERcolors not acrylics) the colors are Magenta, Lemmon Yellow,
Black, and Turquoise.  The only problem is that these colors tend to fade
after a few months.  I have jjust discovered a new brand which claims not to
fade, called COMART.  I haven't had any experience with it yet.

Hope this helps.